[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buh-buh-buh-buh-BUH-BUH-BUH-BUH BUHT GIRL'S CAN'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: jholte-loudci.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
jholte-loudci.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
>buh-buh-buh-buh-BUH-BUH-BUH-BUH BUHT GIRL'S CAN'T MAKE GOOD MUSIC!

Well pop my collars and call me a gabbagoolie, /mu/ just got BTFO and put on suicide watch... again!
>>
>>66184289
There are good female artists, just not nearly as many as there are male artists.

The ratio of quality female to male artists is about 15:36
>>
"Women can't make good music" is just a retarded meme. No one here actually believes it or takes it seriously outside of maybe the cross-boarding /r9k/ucks, and there are very few of them here due to the mass amounts of normalfags that populate this board.
>>
>>66184347
>15:36
>not reducing your fractions

5/12

>https://autism.bandcamp.com
>>
>>66184406

Name ten female classical composers who are anywhere near as good as the greatest male composers.
>>
File: 1465472586034.png (2 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465472586034.png
2 MB, 1200x1200
>>66184443
>Not getting the joke
>>
>>66185646
I'm not going to waste my time doing that, since you'll just saying that I'm wrong anyway.

What does that even have to do with whether or not women can make good music?
>>
>>66185646
>he listens to classical music
lmao, just leave already
>>
>>66184289
Loud City Song is a fantastic record so is Have You In My Wilderness even though I'm not a fan of the poppier approach the songs are very well made.

Julia Holter is the best female songwriter of the 2010's other than maybe Joanna Newsom. I also think Julia Holter haven't made her best record yet and that record will top HOOM by Joanna Newsom.
>>
>>66184289
So you fell for the meme?
>>
>>66185881

>what does women making good music have to do with whether or not women can make good music?

>>66186207

classical music is superior to all other forms of music. it is the only form of music that can be considered art.
>>
>>66185646
Actually Lili Boulanger makes my all time favorite classical music, but I only dabble in that genre so I can't even begin to name any others
>>
>>66186809
You told me to name ten female composers that are AS GOOD as the "greatest" male composers, not to name ten that are good.
>>
>>66185646
There could have been thousands of them but you'd never know because they'd never have been taken seriously or men would have taken credit for all of it as has demonstrably occurred constantly with women's accomplishments throughout history. Nevermind the fact that men and women were raised and treated in such vastly different ways (and still are to some extent) and the restrictions women faced in the things they were able to pursue.

And EVEN THEN I could give you some names but I guarantee it wouldn't matter because you're so obviously biased that I could give you an undiscovered work of Bach under a different name and you would shit on it (you' probably call it "derivative" lmao)
>>
>>66187287
>waah the patriarchy waah

we get it, you can't name great female composers no need to create a sociological bogeyman
>>
>>66187287

>le women couldn't make great music because they were oppressed

that is such bullshit. black people were able to make amazing art for decades in the 20th century even when they WERE being oppressed. and ironically, the art they make now that there is far less racism is actually WORSE.

you ever hear the expression "I know why the caged bird sings"? Often the greatest art is born out of struggle and fear and depression. So women have no fucking excuse. you're telling me for centuries no woman was able to rival a single one of the greatest male composers because of this myth of oppression that was somehow so bad they couldn't even touch an instrument or write anything?? I just don't believe that's possible.

and for the record there are a lot of female artists I like--Julia Holter, Joanna Newsom, MIA, Bjork, and more--but most of them still have a man/men behind them. ex: Joanna Newsom's best album is Ys but it was Van Dyke Parks who composed all of the arrangements for it. and MIA's early albums are masterpieces but Diplo did the majority of the production.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.