[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shugazi/ - Revival Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 17
File: Candy Claws.jpg (590 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Candy Claws.jpg
590 KB, 1200x1200
Shoegaze, dream pop, slowcore, noise rock, space rock all welcome.
http://pastebin.com/M7wZjQa8

https://lupedelupe.bandcamp.com/
>>
File: lupe de lupe.jpg (1 MB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
lupe de lupe.jpg
1 MB, 1417x1417
1st bump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAqnRhvALk
>>
>>66182258
Gotta say I really fucking enjoyed Ceres and Calypso. Favorite song on it, probably fallen tree bridge. Anyone got anything like it?
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 1200x1200
Thoughts on this album?
>>
>>66183119
link pls and I'll have a listen?
>>
make shoegaze great again
>>
Man i miss these threads too much.

>tfw you burn a bridge with a shoegaze qt

it sucks, has anyone else met up with a shoegaze qt? I swear i would win the lotto before i met another one.

>>66183119
i never got to listen to it

>>66182622
This isn't half bad

>>66184629
somebody make a picture with bilinda wearing that hat.
>>
>>66182258
I've been away a few months. Have I missed any good releases?

Also when and why did we start including slowcore?
>>
>>66185296
>Also when and why did we start including slowcore?

where?
>>
>>66185319
In the OP
In /shugazi/
>>
>>66185296
>>66185319
>>66185381
Op here, I just thought we might be open to discuss somewhat related genres, since there are some slowcore bands who relies heavily on dreamy sonic explorations, almost as an usual dream pop band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrUoK_TvVa8

Main focus is still shoegaze and noise pop tho'.
>>
File: journeytothecenteroftheeye.jpg (3 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
journeytothecenteroftheeye.jpg
3 MB, 1500x1500
What do people think of this space rock?
>>
>>66185725
It is very good.

Countenance is my favorite off of it.
>>
>>66182258
really hype Apples in stereo are working with these guys
>>
Which album/song represents the 90s science documentary backround music the best?
>>
>>66186870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0HcEBh-0CY

no doubt
>>
>>66185573
I can't say I'm in favor. I think the only reasons slowcore gets brought up in conjunction with shoegaze or dreampop at all is that some of the foundational slowcore bands shared labels with some of the foundational shoegaze bands. And Galaxy 500 kind of walks the line. I don't see Low's sparse and atmospheric sound as being anything like the kind of sparse and atmospheric sound that you find in some dream pop.

But I'm not the OP and here I am talking about slowcore, so...
>>
>>66186870
The first thing that came to mind was Winter Beats by I Break Horses. Which is now stuck in my head, thanks.
>>
>>66186937
not really what i looked for but it's good

>>66187575
yes this comes closer. Love it
>>
is there a remastered version of "isnt anything"? and does it changes a lot?
>>
File: Tongue Party.jpg (145 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
Tongue Party.jpg
145 KB, 768x768
current jams

https://tongueparty.bandcamp.com/releases

>bottomed out fuzz punk/noise rock
>guitarst and drummer are twins
>would fuck literally and sonically
>>
File: lte.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lte.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
Why doesn't this get more attention in shoegaze discussions? I would say it's one of the best in genre.
>>
I am trying to make shoegaze but it never sounds mellow enough
>>
>>66185164
Just go to a shoegaze gig. I'm sure there are plenty of indie bands around you that dip into the genre. I mean, Barlow is from PA, and the only "mainstream" (more like /mu/stream) bands we have are Ween and Black Moth Super Rainbow.
>>
>>66188182
Alright, I'm convinced that this is viral marketing now. It's been posted way too much in the past few days. Thanks fag, I actually bought a copy on discogs thinking there were people here who genuinely liked it.
>>
>>66188182
why? look at this cover
>>
>>66188182
People used to endlessly wank over that album in /shugazi/. But Loveless it ain't, there's only so much to be said about it.
>>
File: groove.gif (568 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
groove.gif
568 KB, 500x375
there's a couple good shoegaze artists in the bandcamp general-
Tangible Rays - https://growhouse.bandcamp.com/album/grow-house - really good walls on this
https://willbandtheteencreeps.bandcamp.com - a little more noise pop than shoegaze but traces and is really good regardless
>>
>>66188182
is it worth my time?
looks like a shitty meme
>>
>>66188975
It's an 80 minute post-rock shoegaze gospel concept album and if that sounds like something you'd be into then go for it.
>>
>>66188855
Holy shit thanks. Only 3 tracks into Tangible Rays but they seem lovely
>>
>>66188025
I believe there was a remaster along with all the others in 2012. I listened and don't recall any differences.

>>66188161
This a two piece? Great sludgy punk. I have a similar project going on.
>>
>>66188975
>>66189332
Even though I'm sure that this is some marketing thing, I've never heard gospel music that I've liked. So it's pretty neat just for that fact.
>>
>>66183119
AOTY. They did it 2 years in a row.
>>
how does a black male get a cute shoegaze girlfriend

i've never even kissed a girl before, so i'd appreciate it if my first one was shared with a shoegaze girl

for every legitimate, sincere piece of advice i receive, i will share a single under-appreciated shoegaze release with you

that is the deal
>>
>>66188975
If it gives it any legitimacy, p4k once gave that album 7.8 and Robin Guthrie singed them to his label after seeing them play live once.
>>
>>66189513
go to a shoegaze show
find one
like talk to her about the band or something???
don't like be flirtatious
but when you've been talking for a while, maybe after the show or something
ask her out??
shit idk
give me recs
>>
>>66189513
You sure as fuck aren't going to find one here. You have to get immersed in the scene. Go to a show and find some qt's, by them a drink, and talk about music (should be pretty easy to connect considering you're at a shoegaze gig).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYotCUoOovY
>>
File: mbiging[1].png (371 KB, 652x798) Image search: [Google]
mbiging[1].png
371 KB, 652x798
>>66188975
and here's a thing from some vice article

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/dont-you-hate-when-bands-only-make-one-album
>>
>>66189513
If you really are desperate, you'll have to engage in your local scene so long as you live in a city or something. You cannot force this to happen, it'll just happen randomly if you happen to meet someone cool. I was depressed a few weeks ago and basically gave up on finding a qt then the coming friday I met someone really cool like it was nothing. Be confident. That is also the number one thing.

>>66189556
Pitchfork scores do not give legitimacy to me, but okay.
>>
>>66189662
I meant legitimacy like to show that it isn't some kind of jason aldean meme where they say it's some kind of experimental album when it really isnt
>>
>>66188975
do you really need to be fucking told what is and isn't worth your time

jesus you're like a fucking child

>>66189591
this isn't helpful. this is just obvious meme advice, none of which has worked for me in the past

if you want me to post obscure, under-appreciate/rated shoegaze, then i want appropriately obscure, well-thought out advice tailored to my circumstance

that is the deal

>>66189600
see above

at very least i need to know what shows present the greatest success rate. i saw pity sex a month ago and that show yielded nothing
>>
>>66189662
>just let it happen naturally, bro
>just be confident and be yourself, bro
more meme advice
>>
File: IouBJYn[1].png (592 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
IouBJYn[1].png
592 KB, 600x600
before the thread gets derailed, what's the most disappointing shoegaze release?

my vote goes to this one it's total shit
>>
Does Enemies List have other good shoegaze bands? I feel like Dan and his circle of friends have some kind of energy that causes them to produce really vulnerable crushing metallic shoegaze.
>>
>>66189712
Yeah, fuck you cunt. I hope you die a virgin.
Get the fuck outta here if you aren't going to post about music. Call me a child, but you can't manage to fuck a bitch? Take a good hard look at yourself.
>>
>>66183119
Much better than their debut, and that record was already pretty good. Definitely in my top 3 of 2016, though I don't know where specifically I'd place it. Definitely best shugazi release of the year in my opinion though.
>>
File: OBkXz87[1].png (935 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
OBkXz87[1].png
935 KB, 700x700
>>66189851
oh and pic related
>>
>>66189851
No, but there's other good shoegaze from CT.
>>
http://www.graveface.com/graveface-bands.html
why is blind mr jones signed to graveface
>>
>>66189941
How do I find CT shoegaze without actually going to CT?
>>
>>66189959
Also that link still says whirr is signed, didn't everyone say they were kicked from the label?

All I remember graveface saying what the they weren't interested in working with bigots or whatever. But maybe they don't consider whirr to be bigots?
>>
File: cover.jpg (95 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
95 KB, 600x593
>>66189851
it's hit or miss

i simply suggest going through the label giving each release a shot. do check out afterlives and airs, though

>>66189869
i didn't call you a child

i called drunk poster a child because he needs to be told what warrants his attention and what doesn't, rather than possess the simple curiosity that steers ones' interest towards fancy etc, or at least the confidence to admit that he doesn't have that

i said you advice was shit, because it was. you recommend that i talk about music, but i don't know how to do that. i very seldom talk about music with people, irl or even on this board.

i listen to what i want and internalize it. i scarcely entertain in outside discourse concerning what i enjoy, although that's partially due to others have minimal interest in my tastes...

anyway, what i want you to take from this is that i don't know how to talk about music

what appears to you a simple task is to me a foreign exercise and i'd appreciate more information regarding its execution

here is an under-appreciated shoegaze release, and early investment of sorts, in the hopes that you'll respond and assist in my present ordeal
>>
Guys what's your favourite Slowdive EP?
I think mine might be Beach song/Take me down. I don't even know if it's considered as such but it's fucking great.

Also can someone reccomend me good shoegaze EPs for comfy listening tonight?
>>
>>66190094
please respond

that recommendation was an investment through good faith
>>
>>66189513
Stay away, nigger.
>>
File: pacificUV.jpg (214 KB, 1193x1200) Image search: [Google]
pacificUV.jpg
214 KB, 1193x1200
Do people know about this album? pretty gazey.
>>
>>66189979
>How do I find CT shoegaze without actually going to CT?
I wouldn't recommend anyone to go to CT, desu.
>>
File: 51pDPapsmIL.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51pDPapsmIL.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
really good japanese shoegaze, post more
>>
>>66190094
I forgot to namefag, you fuckhead. I asked because I wasn't in the mood to cut off an album I'm listening to get memed on by some bullshit. Is that such a problem?

You seem so fixated on yourself it's embarrassing. Fuck your girl problems and go outside, autismo.
>>
>>66190405
i've so many problems with this post

first and foremost, i'm not a nigger. my participation on this board, in this thread, and my rhetoric ought to reflect that fact

i'm not a nigger.

secondly, we enjoy similar music. we are of a singular kin. your aggression is unwarranted. if despite all i've explicitly told you and others, and what you can implicitly glean from the holistic contents of my posts itt, all you see and care for is the color of my skin, you're the blight here, not i

seek help

thirdly, what exactly are you trying to achieve with such a post anyway? do you think i'm going to be intimidated by the likes of you under such circumstances?

>>66189979
on bandcamp, you can search for bands/musicians based on region/state/city

go there

>>66189869
>>66190094
in the instance you don't understand the contents of this post: how do you talk about music with other people

i don't understand that
>>
>>66189513
You're dismissing "meme advice" like attaching the word meme to it makes it wrong. Memes are tools, and people keep using the tools that work.

You want somebody to give you advice that doesn't involve engaging members of the opposite sex in the setting that's certain to be the most likely to host females of the type you're seeking. If you think there's a solution to your problem that doesn't involve doing EXACTLY that, then you're delusional.
What other options do you expect there to be? Matchmaking services? Is that meme advice too? Social media? Good luck.
You could try sitting alone in coffee shops near universities and moping into your latte hoping a sensitive and nurturing girl notices you and decides she has to heal you, and hope against hope that she's into shoegaze, but it's not likely to happen.

Here's the real guaranteed nonmeme advice:
Go to where shoegaze qts are and engage them. If you're afraid, or just unpleasant to be around, recognize that it's something you're doing and stop doing it. If you're ugly, either settle for a fat girl or abandon all hope and make lots of money. Then try again. That's all. There is nothing else to do.

Now give recs.
>>
>>66190405
back to /b/
>>
>>66189768
meme advice for a meme problem
>>
damn unty what the fuck
thanks for derailing the thread
>>
File: BOCES.jpg (23 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
BOCES.jpg
23 KB, 299x300
Has someone made a noise pop essentials chart yet?
>>
>>66190639
ah, yes

you fail to adopt your username and i'm the one at fault for not recognizing you, hilarious

i understand that sometimes it's difficult to accept fault and admit to when you've made a mistake, but you should invest some time into it

you call me an autismo but even i can, and often do, do that.

>wasn't in the mood to cut off an album
ah, yes. because you can't simply make a note to listen to it later and continue with your listening uninterrupted

question: are you drunk at this very moment? i hope you're not this stupid sober, sincerely.

>>66190680
see >>66190094 and the final portion of this post >>66190641
like i said previously, i'm capable of recognizing when i've made a mistake, and conceded that perhaps simply going to shows and talking to my fellow audience members about music is fair advice. i, however, need more details because i don't typically talk about music with others

how does one proceed?
is it a simple
>what did you like about x?
>ah, i see. what i most enjoyed about x were x1, x2, and especially x3.
>oh, you enjoyed x3 too? have you heard of y? y features x3 very heavily. i recommend it

is it that simple?

>>66190695
it really isn't. companionship is among humanity's most natural pursuits

aristotle said that unsocial men are not men at all, but either gods or devils

>>66190730
you could just help me
>>
File: cover.jpg (40 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
40 KB, 400x395
>>66191002
also, here is another recommended release
>>
>>66191002
>is it a simple
>>what did you like about x?
>>ah, i see. what i most enjoyed about x were x1, x2, and especially x3.
>>oh, you enjoyed x3 too? have you heard of y? y features x3 very heavily. i recommend it

Yes. But also try not to sound like a condescending know-it-all. It's a tough feat but start asking people you just met or whatever "what kind of music do you like?" and go from there.
>ok cool but how do i meet people lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have you tried Tinder?

Ok now can we stop shitting up this thread with /adv/
>>
>>66191002
>>66191091
also, if you listen to this and enjoy it, just check out everything else that feff suthers was involved in, especially bright channel that sound like somewhat akin to a place to bury strangers
>>
>>66191194
i'd hardly consider these matters shit

cute girls' constant involvement with the genre is half of shoegaze's merit so really this is quite paramount

>>66191211
*jeff suthers
>>
>>66189812
Not my favorite SPC ECO release by a long shot but interesting like all their albums. And it's decidedly more Triphop than a lot of their other releases.
>>
File: cover.jpg (410 KB, 1286x1271) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
410 KB, 1286x1271
>>66189812
Most of it's not good, especially in comparison to their debut. There are a few gems, but as an album it just sucks imo.
>>
File: lumorg.jpg (11 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
lumorg.jpg
11 KB, 226x223
>>66189812
I was really disappointed with this- and Luminous Orange are probably my favorite mbv + stereolab cover band
>>
>>66191385
I feel the same and I was considering posting this. It feels so soft and safe. Nothing like the luminousorangesuperplastic that I love.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.