[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: in_rainbowners.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
in_rainbowners.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
>my favorite Radiohead album is In Rainbows
>roast me
>>
That's not really unpopular at all, though, even though it's incorrect

The true contrarian's fave is HTTT.
>>
Nice job listening to radiohead you fucking disgusting pleb.

Not only that, but ducking In Rainbows is your favorite, wow how special! We got ourselves a contrarian over here!

Hey guys, my favorite NMH album is In The Aeroplane Over The Sea! How controversial right!

Fucking off yourself OP.
>>
>>66174969
Why?

I think that's a very valid opinion
>>
>>66175003
eh, don't act like /mu/ don't circlejerk Kid A or Amnesiac
>>
The reason you're a faggot isn't because In Rainbows is your favorite Radiohead album, its because you like Radiohead
>>
animal collective is spork-core druggy nonsense. especially the cringeworthy lyrics and singing
>>
>>66174969
>>66175055
Here's your (You)s newfag

>>66175473
I agree, though I'd like to be proven wrong. Liking a band I previously didn't like is a win for me.
>>
>>66174991
HTTT is their best album

>literally every song except We Suck Young Blood
>>
File: musefront.jpg (712 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
musefront.jpg
712 KB, 1500x1000
I love Muse and think they're the modern heroes of rock

Drones still is 6/10 max though
>>
File: image.gif (502 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
502 KB, 500x242
>>66175538
>not thinking We Suck Young Blood is one of the best tracks off HTTT
>>
>>66175578
>being this contrarian to the point of not being distinguishable from an idiot
>>
>>66175586
Exaggerated shitposting aside, it's one of my fav tracks from HTTT. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>66174969
That is a popular opinion you pleb. that's one of their most popular ones.
>>
File: tkol.png (2 MB, 1778x500) Image search: [Google]
tkol.png
2 MB, 1778x500
My favorite radiohead album and one of my top 5 albums of all time is TKOL. Also pic related is very accurate.

Roast me, you disgusting plebians.
>>
I prefer Atom Heart Mother Suite over Echoes.
>>
>>66175613
>two good albums result in one jumbled half-baked mess due to poor execution
I agree
>>
>>66175586
The claps are what make it good.
>>
>>66175613
>>66175628
>Remain in Light
>good
>>
>>66175628
nice shitpost
>>
>>66175613
What is that second album with the white sun? I recognize it.
>>
>>66175683
cosmogramma
>>
>>66175683
Cosmogrammia is think it's spelt (too lazy to check) it's a Flying Lotus album
>>
>>66174969
In Rainbows is their only masterpiece honestly.

OK Computer is great but falls off hard after Climbing Up The Walls.
Kid A is great but the electronic aspects are lackluster compared to their inspirations.
Amnesiac is great but it can't decide whether it wants to be electronic, rock, or jazz and doesn't do a good job of melding them together (Bloom is what you get when you perfectly meld all three together).
HTTT is also wildly inconsistent and too bloated. Contains some of their best tracks though.
TKOL is great and if we're allowing Basement recordings, this is the best album.
AMSP hasn't grown on me too much.

In Rainbows contains an absolutely perfect side A and although it dips in quality on side B, it still contains some of Radiohead's greatest tracks (Reckoner, Jigsaw). Very cohesive album, surpassed only by TKOL. One of the best pop rock albums ever made.
>>
>>66175554
my nigg
>>
File: amongtheliving.jpg (170 KB, 1015x1016) Image search: [Google]
amongtheliving.jpg
170 KB, 1015x1016
Unpopular in general?
This is the pinnacle of 80s thrash metal.
>>
>>66175707
Ait! Ty man Flying Lotus is pretty neat. I've only listened to Los Angeles, is Cosmogramma any good?
>>
>>66175742
you have good opinions. I do like TKOL better but IR is my 2nd favorite. Well, Kid A is above IR if I had to rank them but that's only because of how important it was to me during a certain period of my life.
I think IR loses points because House of Cards and Videotape are somewhat weaker, but they're still decent songs. Whereas on TKOL I think every song is 9/10 or better - but really it's so cohesive that it presents itself more as a single musical block and less as 8 different songs.

>>66175761
Yes of course, go listen to it right now.
>>
>>66175554
>>66175745
What is the 'popular' opinion of Muse?
They've been my fave for ages and got me into most of the music i listen to today, they have many masterpiece albums and B-sides imo
>>
>>66175868
That makes two of us, but practically the rest of /mu/ disagrees post-OoS
>>
File: treasure.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
treasure.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>66174969
This is the most inconsistent CT album. Half of the songs are wonderful then the other half are just eh. Beatrix and Persephone are some of their worst songs.
>>
>>66175876
b-but muh absolution....
>>
File: Hullabaloo.jpg (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hullabaloo.jpg
22 KB, 500x500
>>66175905
Their ultimate album
>>
>>66175954
Yes please
>>
>>66175797
>Videotape
>weak

What the fuck.

This IS an unpopular opinion thread, but this has surprised me so much.
>>
>>66175638
well memed
>>
>>66176040
The only reason that I've seen someone give for not liking videotape was that it was repetitive (implying half of Kid A isn't the same way) and depressive (implying most of radiohead's discography isn't the same way)
>>
Elseq is one of the weakest Autechre releases
>>
>>66176140
>>66176040
For me, Videotape is weak not because of Videotape, but because of Jigsaw Falling Into Place.

In other words, It's nearly as good as Motion Picture Soundtrack, but the depressing closer of MPS/Videotape works MUCH better on Kid A, which is extremely depressive, than on In Rainbows, which has a much more varied emotional palette. Jigsaw is literally about picking up a girl at a bar.

If it were to follow a song as dark as Morning Bell, and close an album as depressing as Kid A, it would be much better.
But since it follows Jigsaw, and closes an album that is as not-depressing as In Rainbows, it isn't.
>>
>>66174999
edgy
>>
>>66176188
This is just plain wrong.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.