[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
APOLOGIZE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: lulu.jpg (392 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lulu.jpg
392 KB, 1000x1000
APOLOGIZE
>>
File: 6751812.png (172 KB, 511x439) Image search: [Google]
6751812.png
172 KB, 511x439
No.
>>
i'm not a plebeian so i've been a fan since it first released, almost 5 years ago now.
>>
They won't. sad. great album btw
>>
>>66170588
LULL
>>
Awful generic metal mixed with an old man decades past his prime trying to sing?
No thanks.
>>
>Listen, this is Lou’s greatest work. This is his masterpiece. Just wait, it will be like Berlin. It will take everyone a while to catch up.
>>
File: Comus_Inside_Cover.jpg (107 KB, 380x846) Image search: [Google]
Comus_Inside_Cover.jpg
107 KB, 380x846
>>66170588
I liked it. It sounds like a drunk man covered in piss singing to himself while a metal band plays in a garage nearby and that's exactly what it's trying for.

>>66171034
Bowie was known for having half questionable taste. Then again, the guy owned the club that Comus used to play at and was going to take them on tour with him until he found out that people found them more interesting than what he was doing at the time and dropped them. Really fucking depressing to know that as much as I love Bowie, that he kinda helped kill Comus's career.
>>
>>66171540
>I liked it. It sounds like a drunk man covered in piss singing to himself while a metal band plays in a garage nearby and that's exactly what it's trying for.

That doesn't mean it's good bruh
>>
>>66171540
>It sounds like a drunk man covered in piss singing to himself while a metal band plays in a garage nearby and that's exactly what it's trying for.
Why would anyone want to achieve this?
>>
File: Set_Fire_To_Flames.jpg (113 KB, 600x559) Image search: [Google]
Set_Fire_To_Flames.jpg
113 KB, 600x559
>>66171842
Why would anyone want to make an album that sounds like walking through the decrepit sections of a city while listening to insane old homeless folks babble on about society?
Oh right, someone made that and it's amazing.

Some of it was intending to obviously troll two people who hate their fanbases, but while I can't say it's for everyone or necessarily "good", it does achieve a feeling and texture you won't find anywhere else without it being accidental in a bad way.
>>
File: 1360454612915.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1360454612915.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>66171934
>implying that intending to make anything and making that thing perfectly means that it's always great and worth doing
>>
Lulu is really emotional and brutal and horrifying and real. It sounds like pain, in a good way. The adverse reaction people have listening to it, you're supposed to have that. That's the point
This album is more than the sum of its parts
>>
who is the table?
>>
File: nsib.jpg (54 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
nsib.jpg
54 KB, 604x453
>>66172073
>>
>>66172098
ur mom haha
>>
>>66172117
Lol, pleb.
This album will be like Berlin
>>
>>66171978
I'm tired as hell and genuinely don't know if I'm trying to imply anything. I hated it when I first heard it, but it's kinda grown on me. And I wish I knew why or how because it's not like The Residents or Beefheart and how they grew on me.
>>
>>66172098
lulu's lover i think

>Do you think we’re a book
>Some kind of a table
>You can rest your feet on when you’re able
>>
>>66170588
I AM THE TABLE
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.