[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i dare you to defend frankie sinatra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png (354 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower_Avalanches_cover_art.png
354 KB, 400x400
i dare you to defend frankie sinatra
>>
it's not that bad you butthurt autist
>>
>>66168668
It's ok
>>
Well sheeiit, you got me there. I guess I'd better pick truth next time
>>
>>66168668
it's better than noisy eater, so theres that
they're both trash though, as is most of the album.
>>
>>66168675
>>66168680
>electro swing beat
>abhorrent verses from competent rappers
this isn't even "ok", it's garbage
>>66168685
hahah upvoted :P
>>
>>66168668
i went to an awesome party in LA but it turned out the AUX cord they had wasn't working so i went out to my car to get mine, I brought it back inside, raised into the air, and everyone cheered. they all decreed that since i brought the cord, I could get first song choice. i was a tad nervous but i knew Danny Brown was the friggin party master so I went with Frankie Sinatra! At first everyone wasn't sure about it, then they started dancing and all the girls started lezzing, it was amazing and all thanks to Frankie Sinatra. they let my DJ the entire party, eventually though my cord was taken from me for venturing to far into experimental territory by playing a few cuts off Shaking the Habitual
>>
It's pretty good.
>>
File: mlady.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mlady.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
>>66168668
>I must say, the new Avalanches album is quite appalling! How could anyone like such music? It isn't even real music, they've just stolen music from real artists and called their own! What's that madam? Frankie Sinatra? Good heavens no! Electro-Swing is for the hipster crowd who have no idea of what makes good music! I shall stick to real musical acts like The Beatles and Queen thank you very much!
>>
>>66168751
Hopefully this isn't true
>>
>>66168780
>using fedora meme on people that dont like a fedora album
>>
File: wildflower fan.jpg (347 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
wildflower fan.jpg
347 KB, 600x750
>>66168780
>Hahaha, I do see what you've done there, fair sir! A reversal de la roles, if you will! *tips fedora*
>Ahhh Frankie Sinatra!
>>
>>66168818
>thinking plunderphonics is fedora music
Do you just attach the word fedora to everything you hate? Fedorites hate plunderphonics, it's too """impure""" a form of music.
>>
>>66168668
Montie hates it, so it can't be that bad
>>
>>66168751

OP's name?

Albert Einstein
>>
>>66168863
even fucking fantano acknowledges the fact that it has an electroswing aesthetic, you're just in denial
>>
>>66168924
I never said it wasn't electro swing, learn to fucking read next time.
>>
>>66168924
>even Fantano
>not understanding that he browses /mu/ and was literally just regurgitating a meme
>placing any value on what Fantano thinks
Are you actually mentally disabled?
>>
>>66168924
>he thinks fantano is knowledgeable

dude can't even pronounce his own last name correctly
>>
>>66169017
>it's his own name
>he pronounces it incorrectly
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>66168668
what did he say?
>>
Plunderphonics is tight. Unforunately Avalanches are fedoracore/electroswing not plunderphonics.

Electroswing and fedoracore are both sort of like the mainstream version of plunderphonics
>>
>>66169116
>The Avalanches are not plunderphonics
>The Avalanches
>are not
>plunderphonics
For your sake I hope you're b8ing/memeing
>>
File: 1467340885385.jpg (425 KB, 1450x1600) Image search: [Google]
1467340885385.jpg
425 KB, 1450x1600
>I find the Avalanches to be a simply pathetic attempt at the intricate and sophisticated genre of plunderphonics, but I can see the appeal to the common rabble such as yourself.
>My tastes in plunderphonics, as you'll find, are very diverse, including but not limited to Propellerheads, Kid Koala, and so on and so forth
>>
I loved it in the context of the album desu
They hit the theme they were going on so fucking well, it makes me feel like I'm on a road trip with friends and browsing the radio even if I'm just sitting in my room
>>
>>66168780
>electro-swing is for hipsters
lol no
>>
>>66169267
>it sounds better in the context of the album
end your life
>>
>>66169234
>Propellerheads
They are big beat not Plunderphonics
>>
>/mu/ 2 years ago, SILY came up every once in a while, considered /mu/core
>/mu/ in 2016 "lel Avalanches are mainstream shit"

What happened?
>>
>>66168668
The genre voting page on this album on rym is pure gold
>>
>>66169455
Good argument senpai
>>
>>66169519
>m-muh genres
dude shut the fuck up
>>
Danny Brown gives a catchy pop type rap with a small cut of MF Doom in an amazing polka-esque electro song
>>
>>66169566
Why are you saying this to him and not the shit meme he's responding to
>>
>>66169545
>waaaaahhhh Frankie Sinatra is in a minor key and silly and I don't understand it, the whole album is bad now!!!!

That's what happened
>>
>>66169612
So memes happened then?
>>
>>66169638
Yes. Taking things seriously on /mu/ is a bad track to a fast time
>>
>>66169706
I am apparently drunker than I thought
fast track to a bad time*
>>
I don't see what's wrong with it. I don't know/care about electroswing or why it's bad but Danny Brown is the fucking man.
>>
File: dictionary-page.png (17 KB, 174x194) Image search: [Google]
dictionary-page.png
17 KB, 174x194
When you listen to it on the album, the lead-in to Frankie Sinatra on Because I'm Me actually makes you hype for the song and it doesn't feel charring at all
>>
>>66169773
Its not a bad genre, but its the most fedoracore genre around
That leads to it being memed it on for reasons aside from its merit nonstop
>>
>>66169234
>using fedora meme to defend a song that literally sounds like the shit fedora lovers wear
What are you trying to accomplish here?
>>
Let me just tell y'all senpaitachi if you aren't listening to this album right now on the Fourth of July drunk you are missing out because it sounds HEAVENLY through the brain fuzz, the effect of the radio-like production is out of this world
>>
>>66170124
You know for a fact that fedorites like the song? It's all been memes at this point.
>>
it's an avalanches song with MF DOOM and danny brown

how the fuck could it be anything less than perfect, those three are all fantastic artists and they give it their all. that beat fucking bangs
>>
>>66170198
>they gave it their all

Look, I like Frankie Sinatra. Wildflower is my AOTY and it's almost all of what I've been listening I since it came out. But Danny and Doom did not give it their all. They're decent verses, but Doom's verse (accounting for his ability) is pretty mediocre.
>>
>>66170246
i'd say it's a top-shelf verse considering it's 2016 DOOM. it's not near what he was doing at his peak, but he hasn't been as good as that for a while, and it's the best verse he's done in a while. it's a lot better than anything on NehruvianDOOM
>>
sounds like a second rate Propellerheads knockoff

Why not just listen to "History Repeating" or "Velvet Pants" ?

they already did this 20 years ago
>>
The Noisy Eater is worse than Frankie Sinatra to be quite honest
>>
>>66170291
Yeah I guess that's true about NehruvianDoom

It's actually a solid verse, it was probably just the length that made it feel underwhelming
>>
>>66170460
Actually no his verse on caskets and disastrous are way better than their verses on Frankie
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.