[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /mu/. Got these speakers from my dad, he bought them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Alright /mu/. Got these speakers from my dad, he bought them over 10 years ago and never used them. I want to use them with my computer, but don't have a ton of money to blow on a nice stereo to push them. What do you guys recommend?

Pic related, what's on the back of the speakers. The brand is Pro Dynamic.
>>
>>66166937

Get an RCA female/1/8th" male jack, a set of RCA male connects, a Lepai amp, some speaker wire and your good to go...
>>
>>66167523
>Alright /mu/. Got these speakers from my dad, he bought them over 10 years ago and never used them. I want to use them with my computer, but don't have a ton of money to blow on a nice stereo to push them. What do you guys recommend?
OR 2 FUCKING Y CABLES YOU NIGGER
>>
>>66167560
Just 1/4" cables don't do it. I'm not a 100% mong.
>>
>>66167603
fuck you there are 1/4 in outputs and fucking RCA. you could do 1/4 to an adapter to his fucking computer. no amp needed then
>>
>>66167635
This is OP. I've tried just 1/4" to my computer, to guitar amps, nothing. The thing is amps and computers don't have two outputs for both 1/4" inputs on the speakers, much less 4 for both speakers.
>>
>>66167656
>This is OP. I've tried just 1/4" to my computer, to guitar amps, nothing. The thing is amps and computers don't have two outputs for both 1/4" inputs on the speakers, much less 4 for both speakers.
ADAPTER MUTHA FUCKA
>>
>>66167680
What kind of adapter do I need to make my computer push two massive fucking speakers? I need to adapt one regular headphone jack to four inputs on two speakers, which need to be L/R separated.
>>
>>66167760
You don't

You can find receivers at any thrift stores that will push it. Connect the pc to the receiver with analog and digital then push the speakers with the receivers
>>
Alright. I should be able to find something, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any wizardry technology that I was unaware of. This seems simple enough. Thanks, /mu/
>>
>>66167560
>driving these from the soundcard's line level output
Enjoy, I guess.
>>
>>66168002
What would you recommend?
>>
>>66168032
Op those things are too powerful to drive from a pc

Get a receiver

It's the cheapest option. I've got 3 from thrift stores, all yamaha, 15 dollars each
>>
>>66168295
So just run the PC to the receiver and the receiver to the speakers?
>>
>>66168306
Ya

So you'll probably just use aux to rca or just an aux chord since the pc is only sending sound signal and not power. So the receiver will connect using those cords, then the speakers connect using speaker wires. These are all available for a few bucks from ebay. The receiver might be tougher to find but again you're only using two channels so look at thrift stores and ebay to find one. I'd post links hut I'm in mobile
>>
>>66168306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IydqdL2Ofw
Do some googling, you retard.

you need an amp, but dont buy a lepai, its no where near powerful enough.

Or any chinese amp that advertises high wattage output for cheap, they dont.
>>
>>66168401
Don't try to make op spend too much

Entry into this hobby should be only like 40 bucks, then op can do start doing research and slowly start spend more and more

Hell, he can ignore amps and just get a 2.1 sub.

Here's a cheap choice
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162117155531
>>
>>66168515
>cheap computer """"""speakers""""""
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.