[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 3 songs on SILY Top 3 songs on Wildflower >SILY Two hearts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 400x400
Top 3 songs on SILY
Top 3 songs on Wildflower
>SILY
Two hearts in 3/4 time
Electricity
Flight tonight

>Wildflower
Colors
Saturday night inside out
It was a folkstar

Runner ups: subway, because I'm me, going home, livin underwater-the wozard of oz up until Danny comes up.
I know it's a lot of runner ups for wildflower what you want me to its a great album
>>
SILY

Little Journey
Live At Dominoes
Since I Left you

runners up are everything other than etoh, flight tonight, and pablo's cruise. If I had to pick one it would be extra kings

Wildflower:

Subways
Wozard of Iz
Harmony

runners are up are Going Home and Livin' Underwater (Is Something wild) because of how well they follow on from and segue the tracks before and after them respectively
>>
>SILY
Two Hearts in 3/4 Time
Since I Left You
Live At Dominoes

runners up: Electricity, Radio, Electricity

>Wildflower
Live A Lifetime Love
Kaleidoscope Lovers
Zap!

runners up: If I Was A Folkstar, Going Home, Sunshine

It was really hard to narrow down the runners up for both albums. Such a great group.
>>
>>66165989
fuck, the third SILY runner up was supposed to be Close to You

Also, can someone explain their love for Wozard of Iz?
I really can't get into it, I think it's my least favorite track.
>>
>SILY
Since I Left You
Close To You/Diners Only
With My Baby

>Wildflower
Because I'm Me
Living Underwater
The Wozard Of Iz

>>66166014
Minus Danny the track is beautiful, after the noticeable funk sample. Melds together with Living underwater beautifully.
>>
>>66166076
>minus Danny

the track wouldn't make any goddamn sense without Danny Brown. It's all about the contrast.

I've still only listened to it the one time, but damn did I have a smile on my face a mile wide.
>>
>>66166076
fucking danny ruined the tracks he's on, he didn't fit at all
>>
subways is a shit song
>>
>>66166127
I actually think Danny fits incredibly well on Frankie Sinatra. I just think the second verse wasn't needed.

>>66166132
I've started to love Subways after
1) hearing it in context with Going Home
2) seeing clips of its new music video
>>
>>66166014

I love the transition into the song from livin' underwater, it's classic Avalanches. The groove from the shondell's sample is tight, the bit after that with the girl singing is nice and dreamy, danny's rap is far better than on frankie sinatra, and I love the part after that which I really wish was longer, it could have been a great coda.

That wrote I'd still listen to an edit minus his rap out of curiosity.
>>
>>66166101
I don't really agree, he kind of pops out of nowhere, with his weird voice and lyrics rapping over a beautiful composition of 60s strings and flutes which would sound great on their own.
>>
How are people feeling this SILY - Wildflower mashup?
https://soundcloud.com/panthurr/because-im-me-x-sily/s-h3o6n
>>
>>66166132
>Being this plen
You walkk on the subbbwaaaaay!!
>>
>>66166223
I agree that the transition from Livin' Underwater is fucking sick and it really fuckin hits hard.
But I think The Shondell's sample in the beginning is WAY too repetitive. Like, they shouldn't have done the phrase twice.

So then when it becomes more free-form and relaxed, I think it's too jarring and doesn't fit because just earlier, it's SUPER cookie cutter, structured, and beat focused.
>>
>>66166500
>https://soundcloud.com/panthurr/because-im-me-x-sily/s-h3o6n
noice
>>
>SILY
Frontier Psychiatrist
Since I Left You
Etoh

>Wildflower
If I Was a Folkstar
Frankie Sinatra
Colours
>>
>SILY
SILY
Frontier Psychiatrist
Summer Crane

>Wildflower
Harmony
If I Was A Folkstar
Stepkids
>>
>>66166014
Wozard of Iz only becomes 10/10 when Livin Underwater is played beforehand. Best Avalanches transition in my shit opinion.
>>
>SILY
With My Baby
Summer Crane
Etoh

>Wildflower
If I Was a Folkstar
Harmony
Zap!
>>
>>66167145
What the fuck is "With My Baby"?
>>
>>66167397
pleb
https://www.reddit.com/r/theavalanches/comments/41piii/since_i_left_you_original_version_containing_all/
>>
>>66167493
intredasting
>>
>>66165462

>SILY
Since I Left You
Close to You
Electricity

>Wildflower
Kaleidoscope Lovers
Because I'm Me
Subways

honerable mention: Harmony
>>
>>66167397
MOVE
BACK
>>
>SILY
Frontier Psychiatrist
Two Hearts In 3/4 Time
Electricity

>Wildflower
Subways
Because Im Me
Frankie Sinatra
>>
File: wildflower1000.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
wildflower1000.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
>Since I Left You
Electricity
Since I Left You
Frontier Psychiatrist

>Wildflower
Harmony
Because I'm Me
The Wozard of Iz
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.