[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sacred cows do you think are not the perfect albums people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_20160704-112656.png (854 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160704-112656.png
854 KB, 1440x2560
What sacred cows do you think are not the perfect albums people make them out to be? And give one reason why.
>>
MPP because it's pleb bait
>>
Freak Out by The Mothers of Invention
it gets a lot of praise for being one of the first double rock albums but most of the material in it is bland doo-wop-ish pop rock that doesn't go anywhere. i think the one good song on there has to be Who Are The Brain Police, and even that has some flaws
>>
Non Rubber Souls Beatles

Death Grips

Rush

Genesis

Yes

Drake

Kanye

Beyoncé

Nirvana / Foo Fighters

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin
Can we stop pretending to like these stupid memes?
>>
>>66158647
Why are Nirvana and Foo Fighters grouped together? You might as well say that the GG Allin band is just like the Ramones.
>>
All Things Must Pass is so fucking bloated it makes the White Album look streamlined. Fuck that record. Overrated record.
>>
>>66158647
But Rubber Soul isn't perfect. What Goes On exists
>>
>>66158647
This post is nearly spot on. Disagree on Floyd and Zep, but I also understand why some people hate them.
>>
>>66158758
>>66159007
>>66158851
>>66158694
>>66158647
>>66158622
>>66158597
>>66158555
If you haven't learned the entire album on the guitar or banjo, your opinion isn't legitimate
>>
>>66158647
>no
>yes
>only some
>horrible band
>no
>definitely
>for sure
>yep
>yes
>no
>yep
>>
>>66158555
>Nirvana
>Sex Pistols
>Kanye West
>Kiss
>The Smiths
>>
>>66159057
this
>>
>>66159007
I love Barrett era Floyd and his solo work. I think David's a good guitarist.

But fuck man, Roger's lyricism is so cheesy and melodramatic. The Wall is the most fedora album of all time.
>>
>>66159057
ATMP cannot be perfect on account of the third disk and that is objective fact
>>
File: loveless.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>
>>66159220
No
>>
>>66159257
boring songwriting
>>
>>66159057
Ram > Plastic Ono Band >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Things Must Pass
>>
>>66159283
But it's not a singer songwriter record

Were you expecting Leonard Cohen
>>
I love ATMP but its far from a perfect album

Even 9.0 is a bit high and I love George Harrison

I think RAM and Band on the Run are easily better and much more cohesive
>>
The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society is only praised because it was a commercial failure, and on top of that it gives British people a right to go ">Americans" because their US management are to blame for its failure becuase they fucked the band over. I'm sympathetic to they story but it's a pretty boring album. Davies wrote a few great songs but The Kinks are not this genius underrated 2deep4u group that people make them out to be.

Love's Forever Changes really isn't that good. It's just SPLHCB for people who are too cool to like The Beatles. It's garbage SanFran hippie pop that doesn't even deserve to be lumped in with the psychedelic music of the time.
>>
>>66159532
Both albums are better than anything the Beatles did

fagola
>>
File: Front.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
Other than the first track and a few other cool bits, this is a cheesy album with ideas that had already been done better by Pink Floyd, Moody Blues, Soft Machine, et al (and would be done much better later). And I think Greg Lake is really an awful singer.
>>
>>66158555
to be fair, this song is 1/3 of a good album, because every song is about four minutes too long
>>
>>66158851
What Goes On is good.

my vote goes to both Joy Division LPs
>>
>>66159283
boring? it's a medley of euphonic sounds you utter plen. go back to jail
>>
>>66159572
>Both albums are less popular than anything the Beatles did
FTFY
>>
>>
>>66159532
agreed, Kinks p overrated man

>>66159572
nope
>>
>>66159586
Pink Floyd made psych prior to 1969, Soft Machine made fusion and Moody Blues are shit.

You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: homepage_large.a4ed3fd1.jpg (101 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.a4ed3fd1.jpg
101 KB, 301x300
more like my aim is low-energy
>>
>>66159661
say what you will about KC, the album is good enough to not belong in this thread imo

I don't even like it that much but I really respect it

on the other hand Joy Division? p fuckin meh overall
>>
>>66159661
lol
>>
>>66159705
I feel like Substance is way more enjoyable and better than unknown pleasures and Close. Although I do love Closer's album art. It is fucking sick and it really nails the whole existential, depression motif that the album and their music had going on all together. It really is a nice piece of art.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.