[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Animal Collective
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (255 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
255 KB, 1920x1080
Trying to get into An Co, what do I start with. Give me an order
>>
figure it out yourself, why do you need spoon-feeding? Do you not have the cognitive power to look through their discography on wikipedia? Go fuck yourself.
>>
Hey, listen to FloriDada on repeat for a few hours, then you are prepared to go outside and tell everyone your favorite band is Animal Collective (But be sure to call them AnCo, so only the realest fans, like you, get it)
>>
File: 1466740446186.png (259 KB, 450x610) Image search: [Google]
1466740446186.png
259 KB, 450x610
>>66152292
every album is different just pick one up and go then move on to the next one
>>66152326
newfag fuck off
>>
File: Animal_Collective_Flowchart_-3.png (1 MB, 916x1906) Image search: [Google]
Animal_Collective_Flowchart_-3.png
1 MB, 916x1906
i would suggest to start with Merriweather Post Pavillion
>>
I'm drunk and feel like being a tourguide

It depends OP, are you a fan of poppy, briliantly crafted songs? Or more abstract stuff?

If the former, start with Merriweather Post Pavilion and work backwards. That way you slowly get introduced to the weirder stuff.

If you want to start abstract straight away start at Here Comes the Indian and work backwards

If you want a middle-ground then start with Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished or Feels.
>>
>>66152292
Merriweather and Strawberry Jam are their most accessible albums. Start there. If you dig comfy acoustic autism, Sung Tungs is right up your alley. Their Water Curses EP is also pretty tight if you like MPP/SJ more. Centipede Hz is an acquired taste but it's a fun album when it clicks. Painting With is a hit or miss album. The 'hit' songs on there are really good though.

>>66152326
>MOM LOOK HOW EDGY I'M BEING
>>
>>66152361
Not the biggest fan of this flowchart, it's like it recommends listening to all the solo stuff before you even reach STGSTV
>>
>>66152357
>>66152371
I'm hardly a newfag, I've been around long enough to see this board become a cesspool filled with posts begging to be spoonfed.
>>
>>66152387
I agree, it's not the best flowchart going around :(
>>
>>66152390
>cesspool filled with posts begging to be spoonfed
hardly f a m
>>
>>66152362
>Feels
>Slightly abstract

feels is literally is just a 2 guitars with delay pedals

Sung tongs is more middle ground than that
>>
File: QSnYKsI.jpg (465 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
QSnYKsI.jpg
465 KB, 1000x1000
>>66152390
>cesspool filled with posts begging to be spoonfed
>>
>>66152406
You can't call the middle section of feels not abstract, even if it's just delayed guitars and geo making scraping noises songs like Banshee Beat and Daffy Duck are more out there than anything on Strawberry Jam (for example)
>>
>>66152446
well i proposed sung tongs was more abstract than feels and not SJ but w/e

also Fireworks, #1, and maybe For Reverend Green are more abstract than Banshee Beat
>>
just turn it to nickelodeon every half hour and catch the theme songs
there you go now ur an anco fan
>>
Start with Sung Tongs, go until you hit Merriweather and Fall Be Kind, then transition to STGSTV and listen up until
Here Comes The Indian, then listen to Centipede and Painting With and cry
>>
File: oktftl.png (1 MB, 1300x2000) Image search: [Google]
oktftl.png
1 MB, 1300x2000
>>66152361
>>66152292
better chart
>>
>>66152753
This is the one i was looking for, thanks!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.