[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so praised on here? It's like sub-sub-sub Sgt.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Why is this so praised on here? It's like sub-sub-sub Sgt. Peppers
It's like an entire album of not even good d-side Paul McCartney songs that never got the green light
>>
>>66152196
I sort of agree. It's a decent psych record but the songwriting can't touch The Beatles or The Beach Boys
>>
>>66152196
The Zombies were perhaps the most refined and extravagant songwriters of the Merseybeat era. She`s Not There (1964), by way of Colin Blunstone's orgasmic panting and hollow falsetto, and author Rod Argent's celestial solo at the electric piano, made it clear that this band set itself apart from the Merseybeat and from the rhythm and blues, as demonstrated by the album Begins Here (Decca, 1965).

From Tell Her No to Time Of Season (1968), guitarist Chris White and Rod Argent co-wrote eccentric songs, often imbued with soul and jazz. Their masterpiece Odyssey & Oracle (Date, 1968) released after the band's breakup, one of the first albums to employ the mellotron, remains, together with the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, at the apex of baroque pop. Among its songs can be counted tender marvels such as Care Of Cell 44, Beechwood Park and Friends Of Mine. (The album was released as "Odessey" due to a typo by one of the recording house employees).
>>
File: 123.jpg (2 KB, 81x81) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
2 KB, 81x81
>>66152196
>Why is this so praised on here?
There are maybe like 2 people here that like it including me, I am always the one bringing this album up in the best of threads.
>It's like an entire album of not even good d-side Paul McCartney songs that never got the green light
That's just like your opinion man
>>
>>66152437
what do you think about the 2 first solo albums of Colin Blunstone? they're quite exquisite imo
>>
>>66152196
This strikes me as a Beach Boys record without the magic
>>
>>66152556
>solo albums of Colin Blunstone
Never listened to them
>>
>>66152437
lmao
odessy&oracle is second rate /mu/core you twat
>>
>>66152437
I'm also a big fkn fan. Can never get enough, hats off to you my friend
>>
>>66152771
I don't see it here friend :^)
>>
>>66152758
you should: some tracks should have been on the next Zombies album (if the band didn't have given up)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.