[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUBS DECIDES WHICH ALBUM I LISTEN TO - VOLUME V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Seagalsongs.jpg (21 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
Seagalsongs.jpg
21 KB, 300x293
DUBS PICKS NEXT ALBUM (NO REPEATS,FAKES, OR STUFF SO OBSCURE I CAN’T FIND IT)

VOLUME 5

Albums that constitute repeats:
>Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt (3/10)
>Animal Collective - Hollinndagain (8/10)
>Major Parkinson - Major Parkinson (7.5/10)
>Songs from the Crystal Cave - Steven Seagal (4/10)

===========================================================================
Review of “Songs from the Crystal Cave” by Steven Seagal

What do I even say about this one? For starters, one of the big things that this album was obviously trying to do was be multi-genre, and at least they were trying to induce some variety. However, there are a few levels of genre-bending. One level is to almost create a new genre that nobody else has heard before. The second level is to combine two genres simultaneously and seamlessly. The third level is to have multiple different genres, but at different times, but having it all be either very well executed or boundary pushing withing the genre. And finally, you have the level of Songs from the Crystal Cave: take the most bland *cliches* (there’s that word again!) from each genre and only ever do that.

I was almost disappointed that Steven Seagal isn’t actually a totally horrific vocalist, or at least he isn’t after the producers did whatever they did with the raw recordings. The genres range from country, to soul, to reggae, to the blues. It gets a small bit of credit for this ambition, but my God are the songs extremely boring. They have just enough for you to be able to tell that it falls into such-and-such a genre, and the rest is based off of the same moralistic ballad. The songs are EXTREMELY overlong, and the repetition is ridiculous. The lyrics are also extremely ridiculous.

(contd.)
>>
I can’t help but think that this album is the epitome of low effort with high budget. Everything sounds as crisp as a professional studio can make it, and the songs are skeletons of all of the most tired techniques that signify each of the genres that it tries to explore. Not revolting, but I couldn’t wait until it was over.

4/10

DUBS DECIDES NEXT ALBUM. WILL STAY TO SEE WINNER THEN REVIEW WINNER TOMORROW.
>>
https://www.discogs.com/Jon-Rose-Hollis-Taylor-Great-Fences-Of-Australia/release/2609413
>>
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/10/shoko-asahara-s.html
>>
https://www.discogs.com/The-Conet-Project-Recordings-Of-Shortwave-Numbers-Stations/release/4422184
>>
File: front.jpg (13 KB, 400x390) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
13 KB, 400x390
>>66149241
>>
File: Taylor_Swift_-_Fearless.png (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Taylor_Swift_-_Fearless.png
62 KB, 300x300
>>
like playing five finger fillet with someone else's hand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Think_You_Really_Know_Me
>>
>>66149385

And I've gotten stabbed twice already.
>>
Nurse With Wound - Homotopy to Marie
>>
>>66149400
>Nurse With Wound - Homotopy to Marie

WINRAR.

The next album will be: Homotopy to Marie by Nurse With Wound. See you all tomorrow!
>>
you're the best dubs guy, I've never even listened to crystal caves I just thought the cover was embarrassing
>>
>>66149648

Thanks! I will listen to and give a first impression review of any real, findable album that gets dubs first.

Also, don't listen to crystal caves if you value your time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.