[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think Rush are kind of like the Muse to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Moving_Pictures.jpg (149 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Moving_Pictures.jpg
149 KB, 500x500
Does anyone else think Rush are kind of like the Muse to the Radiohead that was Yes?
>>
>>66148175
I can sort of feel a Zeppelin influence, expectantly on the self-titled and Fly by Night.

But yeah sort of, although they're much better than muse imo
>>
I don't think so

Rush seemed to have different objectives
>>
>>66148175
What the fuck are you going on about? Different times, man.
>>
>>66148315
He's asking if Rush kind of aped Yes like Muse kind of ape Radiohead, try to keep up. That said, at least Muse isn't as bad as Coldplay.
>>
>>66148175
Not really, Cream to Pink Floyd is to Muse to Radiohead

>Cream
>"I only know Eric Clapton, didn't know he had a band!"
>Really famous songs, no one really knows anything about their albums or their other stuff

>Pink Floyd
>"oh shit Dark Side Wall Division Bell..."
>Classic and experimental
>>
>>66148175
Peart is definitely a shit version of the great Bruford if that's what you're talking about.
>>
>>66148614
this doesnt make any fucking sense
>>
Geddy Lee has said he was influenced by Chris Squire to a great extent. I don't listen to Muse, Radiohead or Yes though.
>>66148234
Alex basically worshipped Jimmy Page. He was talking in an interview how he wanted to "feel what page felt when he played". Negative reviewers accused them of ripping off Led Zepelin when the self-titled came out.
>>
>>66149319
Rush first got on U.S. radio when a station in Cleveland started playing Working Man, and a ton of listeners called the DJ and asked when the new Zeppelin album was coming out.
>>
>>66149601

were they all like, "damn zeppelin's new singer sounds like a dork"
>>
>>66148175
I always thought Rush was kind of like a less interesting and inferior Yes.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.