[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say something nice about this album, /mu/ >Park Music/Livin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Wildflower.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
Say something nice about this album, /mu/

>Park Music/Livin Underwater is amazingly comfy
>>
>>66147523
It's the best album I've heard in a very long time
>>
>>66147523
It's been a while since I've heard a perfect album.

I really wasn't expecting them to top their last one. Really uplifting turn of events.
>>
>>66147565
realistically the best since TPAB,
but I'm a lil fuccboi and still consider Pablo AOTY rn
>>
>>66148465
>people like this share a board with you.
>>
This is better than 90% of what this board considers "good albums"
>>
>>66147523
Frankie Sinatra is a fun song
>>
>>66147523
i literally can't
it's fucking awful
>>66148465
the average wildflower fan, people
>>
>>66148551
Is that you?
>>
DON'T DRINK THE YELLOW ACID
>>
>>66148538
it's fairly quite pleasant music isn't?...

like, it just feel nice if you treat it less like an album and more like a Summer mix. A bunch of hands on deck making turntablism like this is not very common. It's a style of music long outdated, but they do it with some modern flare and with such grace. Seriously man, this is the work of some very talented fucking people, and I tend to like the way it sounds.

AOTY as far as I'm concerned
>>
File: The Avalanches.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Avalanches.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
AAAAAH FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
>>66148621
dude that song sucks for real

but the album is fantastic overall
>>
>>66148465
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>66148551
>using memes to shut down discussion
You people are worse than Montie
>>
>>66148615
>AOTY
>"fairly quite pleasant"
lmao
>>
I've listened to it multiple times today and I'm easily growing to love it. I'd say The Noisy Eater, Livin Underwater, Wozard of Iz, and Subways are the top tracks.
>>
>>66148551
>implying fedorites would like a genre as """impure""" as plunderphonics
>>
>>66147523

they said in that pitchfork interview that they wanted to focus more on that "halfway between happy and sad" feeling that they felt made SILY great at parts. That's exactly the aspect that i loved most about SILY, so this album is a fucking godsend for me.

To me, SILY was an artistic rendition of death, catharsis, and moving on whereas this album is a celebration of birth, youth, life, and endless possibilities.

Really lovely.
>>
File: wildflower fan.jpg (347 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
wildflower fan.jpg
347 KB, 600x750
>>66148688
>The Noisy Eater
>top track
Agreed!
>>
>>66148824
>>66148685
>>66148621
>>66148551

This is really forced.

I went to the Do Division festival in chicago a few weeks back. The streets were packed with thousands of people by the evening, all dancing, passing around joints and booze, just vibing to music just like this. I had never seen or felt anything like that. This album reminds me of that whole experience...and the girl who I sort of fell for that day. Stayed the night at her place before heading out on the road again for Cali. It was a great day.

Y'all need to quit the negativity and just enjoy life.
>>
>>66148879
That sounds really fucking cool, anon. The dude you're responding to is one sad troll who either can't stand the thought of others enjoying music, or he's just fishing for (you)s. just ignore him and he'll tire himself out
>>
>>66147523
I liked The Avalanches and this album but now people only know them for that shit awful AHHH FRANKIE SINATRA song that everyone hates. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>66148958

Thanks man. Yeah it definitely seems like it's just one bitter guy.

It's just so weird to me that someone would try to ruin discussion about something nice like this, even if he didn't like the album.
>>
The whole album is great except for Frankie Sinatra and Colours
>>
>>66148642
you'd probably be surprised if you saw the kind of music I listen to (I'm also a /mu/tant myself, white guy in a post-punk band from Canada)...

but I've always really liked The Avalanches, and I was the opposite of disappointed. It was a excellent release from them, I was thrilled.

as for Kanye West, hate the bastard, but I love his goddamn music. Pablo has hooks everywhere that miss upon first listen. But the more I listen the more they catch me. Only Yeezy can do Yeezy.

Kendrick goes without saying. I admire his wordplay and depth of musical understanding. You call me a cuck.
>>
>>66147523
nice album art
>>
>>66147523
I get the feeling that Frankie Sinatra is to Wildflower like what Frontier Psychiatrist was to SILY: It's a good song IMO, but for some reason or another it doesn't really suit the album that well and it suffers from it. But yeah like most people are saying the album is great, I loved the change in sound. It's not quite as perfect as SILY but it's definitely a classic already.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.