[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
See swans live?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Should I see Swans live if I'm more a fan of their older albums?

Don't get me wrong, their latest albums are incredible, but I love Swans most for albums like Holy Money, White Light from the Mouth of Infinity, and Children of God. I'd have to take a 6 hour bus ride and go to NYC to see them on July 30th.
>>
Don't see them. I saw them live and left 1/4 through. Unimaginably boring
>>
>>66146692
Most people who go really have a good time though..,,
>>
OP here. What I mean is, how many older songs do they play? I watched Mr. Fantano's review, and it sounded like he only recognized like 1 song from their 80s or 90s days played. Thats mainly why I'd want to go, to hear something from those albums live. But kinda wouldn't want to travel that far, pay for the bus/concert ticket to hear only stuff from the new album.

The sound of their recent albums is very post-rock, and if I wanted to see post-rock live, I'd probably pay to see some other band, not Swans.
>>
>>66146820
Yeah, they don't play anything from their older days. You'll be lucky if they play anything from To Be Kind...

Gira's into being in the now, and leaving older material to die if he's spent too much time working on it.
>>
>>66146906
Meh. I guess I'll pass on seeing them then. I wish I could time travel and see 80s Swans live. What a fucking powerful sound they had (this is from a live album):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0PFdPNoGSA&list=PL4DdpCSoYX23WP9JJlj0oIvWwR_F3vnI0&index=2

Hearing this, I believe the people who say they used to be the loudest band on the planet.
>>
>>66146820
Don't give up all hope, they played stuff from Cop and Children of God as recently as 2011
>>
>>66147139
Well I dunno if I wanna travel 6 hours to NYC and back just to possibly hear 1 or 2 songs from that era.
>>
>>66146652
Been on the fence about going. I haven't listened to any full albums since Swans Are Dead.
>>
I've only ever seen recent footage of them playing coward and that's about it
>>
anybody know the chance of them playing anything off of The Great Annihilator?
>>
>>66147337
Zero.

Glowing Man and stuff he's written since then. That's it.
>>
File: grump.jpg (56 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
grump.jpg
56 KB, 1440x1080
>>66147364
Maybe the old stuff reminds him too much of Jarboe?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.