[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the bass on the White Album sounds like "plek plek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: The BEATLES 1968.jpg (26 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
The BEATLES 1968.jpg
26 KB, 1220x1220
Why does the bass on the White Album sounds like "plek plek plek plek"
>>
File: Mccartney76.jpg (92 KB, 754x750) Image search: [Google]
Mccartney76.jpg
92 KB, 754x750
>>66146647
Superior Rick bass picking. Thumps instead of hums.
>>
>>66146656
Yeah, that's Paul on a Richenbacher instead of a Hofner.
>>
The White Album has a pretty raw sound compared to their other works imo. Ratty bass was one product of this, and songs like Helter Skelter and While My Guitar Gently Weeps show this really well. They were also doing a lot of plugging into the board at the time, or recording at really loud volumes (there's an anecdote of them doing yer blues in a tiny room with the amps facing the walls and mics sandwiched in between them.)

On Helter Skelter john lennon played bass on the track and used a Fender VI
>>
>>66146839
yeah the fender vi contributes a lot to that rattly overdriven bass sound people think of when they think this album. everybodies got something to hide except for me and my monkey has a sick subtle bassline and a classic bass solo near the end. dear prudence bassline is great especially because anyone else would've let the bass take the backseat on a song like that, but paul makes it super funky. yer blues is blues bass but with a syncopated line instead of a walking line. but the glass onion bass tone sucks and is probably what op is talking about. also on while my guitar gently weeps if you listen to the stems they used to have on youtube, the bass line melodies are double tracked and doubled with an octave higher guitar
>>
What's the consensus on the white album here?
>>
>>66147875
if they had all put aside their egos and only put their absolute best songs on the lp, everyone would agree it was their best album ever
>>
>>66147875
There isn't a single bad song on it and it's my second favorite next to rubber soul
>>
>>66148003
Wild Honey Pie
Piggies
>>
>>66147875
actually i just realized its really kinda similar to Revolver in a way... (although super bloated)
>think about it maaaan
>>
>>66147908
It was their best album ever.
>>
>>66148023
exactly
>>
>>66148099
Glass Onion
>>
>the white album will never be released as a single record

feels bad
>>
>>66148115
great song
>>
>>66148169
i like orchestrated symphonic strings in rock
>>
anyone notice the beatles hate has cooled a lot on /mu/ in the last four years?
>>
>>66148197
Yeah but I always assumed it was a meme in the first place
>>
File: scaruffs.png (157 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
scaruffs.png
157 KB, 500x525
>>66148197
you asked for it
>>
>>66148081
I don't agree.
>>
>>66148023
>Piggies
>bad
mate
>>
>>66148197
Anybody notice the fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most
>>
>>66148197
Sort of, but at the same time the extreme memedom of The Beach Boys that has emerged in the last couple years has created a bit of a rivalry between the two bands, in which The Beatles fans (shamefully imo) are generally overwhelmed by Beach Boys memers.
>>
>>66148247
how on earth do you still find this funny?
>>
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 1418x1416) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 1418x1416
>>66148340
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.