[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you think autechre will go next, somewhere new or more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Draft 7.30.jpg (400 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Draft 7.30.jpg
400 KB, 1000x1000
Where do you think autechre will go next, somewhere new or more in the vein of Exai/AE_LIVE/elseq1-5?

Will they ever have good album art again?
>>
if you don't like current ae art you don't understand ae.
>>
>>66139642
What's there to get about it?
>>
I listened to elseq for the first time yesterday and holy shit!

How are these dudes still this mental 30 years in?
>>
Maybe it's just me but I almost prefer the more abstract, minimal art. Draft in particular was a bit too "literal" for my tastes. Quaristice has my favorite art.
>>
I hope they make at least one more short focussed album. I loved Elseq and Exai but it's been more than 10 years since Untilted and I constantly fantasise about how they would tackle the traditional album structure if they any back to it now.
>>
>>66141551
I like Draft's cover because it stands out from the rest. My favorite is Oversteps though.
>>
>>66140499
Yeah, ia mate. i don't think that they were ever weak or bad or anything but their 2005-2013 output has been a bit of a mixed bag imo (I did love Oversteps though), but Ae_Live and elseq have completely reinvigorated my faith in them.
>>
sucks that they'll never make anything as good as confield
>>
>>66144526
well i don't think anyone can tbqh
>>
>>66142395
Ah, I had forgotten about Oversteps. Definitely one of my favorites - it's very reminiscent of some of Kline's work. Move of Ten's art is great too.

As for Draft, I much prefer the art in the gatefold desu. Also the solid teal color that makes up the back of the physical release is a nice touch.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.