[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album left me blown away, /mu/. What other albums would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: olivia-blackf.jpg (334 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
olivia-blackf.jpg
334 KB, 600x600
This album left me blown away, /mu/. What other albums would you recommend from Elephant 6 or Orange Twin Records? Already gotten into Neutral Milk Hotel, Olivia Tremor Control and Nana Grizol.
>>
>>66138294
try the beatles theyre pretty good
>>
>>66138294
nothing in the elephant six collective is good besides neutral milk which itself is usually just okay

im guessing you browse r/indieheads and unironically for some reason think this completely mediocre piece of pop is better than say the beatles when it is literally the beatles with more gimmicky whacky randum x) sounds
>>
>>66138294
I was very much into Elephant 6, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Nana Grizol a couple of years ago.

These days I've been digging Tame Impala, Pond, and Gum.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbPg6zKmPI
>>
>>66139664
life is too short for assuming that much.
>>
>>66138294
Major Organ and the Adding Machine

The Music Tapes

>>66139664
I think you over estimate your tastes, especially if you think NMH is the best thing out of E6
>>
>>66139734
lifes too short to be listening to beatle wannabes
>>
>>66138294
Major Organ is incredibly underrated and fits well with the collage style of OTC. Circulatory System is also fantastic.
>>
File: 1460086680991.png (94 KB, 267x271) Image search: [Google]
1460086680991.png
94 KB, 267x271
>>66139664
>the beatles
OTC is more Beach Boys inspired, dummy
>>
>Major Organ and the Adding Machine
>The Music Tapes
>NMH
>early of Montreal

What the fuck was it with E6 and that stupid old timey ramshackle circus aesthetic?
>>
>>66139826
r/indieheads underage marxists are such cancer.
>>
The Gerbils

>>66139841
That was just their thing. I like it.
>>
>>66139826
name a beach boy song that sounds like Jumping Fences

otc are a mixture of white album era beatles and beach boys and its terrible
>>
>>66139849
>r/indieheads underage marxists
what the fuck are you talking about?

If you actually listened it'd be clear that it's more beach boys inspired than beatles. You sound like you stopped using r/indieheads a month ago and now think you're hot shit
>>
>>66139849
jesus christ, just shut the fuck up about reddit fuckin faggot.
>>
>>66139888
id like /mu/ to finally distance itself from the shitty pitchfork era, and r/indieheads is literally just that

its pretty obvious when someone is from that place and came here for da cool obscure music because nobody else could convince themselves that these beatle knockoffs are anything worthwhile

please stop trying to sound like you have enough music knowledge to make the stretch of saying these shitty fuckers are more "beach boys inspired"
>>
>>66139888
>animal collective reaction image

its pretty obvious that youre from reddit I bet you have a folder for theneedledrop pictures too
>>
>>66139870
>that one song sounds more like the beatles
That doesn't prove you right. Most of OTC's stuff, especially Black Foliage, is inspired by the beach boys.

What is it about this band that triggers you so much?

>>66139930
You really do sound like you've just started "taking music seriously". And they literally are more inspired by the beach boys, all of e6 is, they've even said it themselves.

Anyways, what's you pick for aoty, I'm curious.
>>
>>66139978
>all of e6 is
are you serious now? yeah, because the gay parade totally isn't sgt peppers lmao
>>
>>66139964
Why are you so obsessed with Reddit? Is it because you just stopped using it?

Seriously, though, people like you who just spout "reddit" as if it were a useful argument are idiots who are in part responsible for killing this board
>>
>>66140006
>more cherrypicking
>>
>>66139930
There is nothing wrong being a beatles or beach boys knockoff, and fuck you music knowledge.
>>
>>66140006
>still not telling his aoty pick
>>
>>66140041
>apples in stereo
beatles in fact they tried to sound like elo later
>coquelicot
sgt peppers again
>Cherry Peel
beatles
>aldhils arboretum
beatles
>the minders
beatles

cba with the rest of those shitty bands
>>
>>66140126
I'll give you the minder and AiS

In any case, there's nothing wrong with being inspired by either the beach boys or the beatles, and I think AiS and of Montreal are pretty bad anyways. But E6 still has some good acts like Major Organ, the Music Tapes, and yes, OTC. I don't know why the label makes you so mad.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.