[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ confessions thread. I'll start: >I skip the drone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: swansband.png (422 KB, 668x537) Image search: [Google]
swansband.png
422 KB, 668x537
/mu/ confessions thread. I'll start:

>I skip the drone parts on Swans albums
>>
>>66136033
What do you listen to then?
>>
>>66136049
Music
>>
>I don't listen to music older than from 1983
>>
>I haven't listened to Swans cause from what I've heard it's boring as fuck
>>
>>66136033
>I really like Coldplays earlier work. A rush of blood to the head has a sound I can not find anywhere else.

>I think that Funk Metal sucks except for Faith no More and "Epic" is a great song

>I really think A Moon Shaped Pool is as good as Kid A

>I like Be Here Now

>I can't stand Morrisseys voice

>I think that american twee sucks
>>
I rarely listen to music newer than 1999 let's say
>>
>>66136033
Don't talk to me ever again.
>>
Sufjan Steven's Illinoise and The National's Trouble Will Find Me are probably the two most boring albums I've ever listened to
>>
>>66136033
Hear you, hear you, definitely work better live
>>
>i regularly change speed and reverse songs in Audacity then listen to those tweaked versions more often than the originals
>>
>>66136129
you could've just said
>I'm Montie
>>
I hate Muse
>>
>Most of the GOAT music was made between 1965-1975
>Jazz can be great though intimidating and its fans are insufferable
>Coldplay is a boringer version of an already vanilla radiohead, muse is that plus cock rock but they all have some good stuff
>memetrap like yachty and future are almost as bad as hopsin
>qotsa are buttrock for contrarians
>Dance Gavin Dance is my favorite band
>>
>>66136463
kek
>>
>>66136438
this is autism
>>
>>66136490
Most everyone here hates Muse.
>>
>>66136507

>>Dance Gavin Dance is my favorite band

Ehhh. DBM is legitimately one of thebest things to come out of Posthardcore though. The rest of their stuff is spotty to downright terrible.
>>
>>66136507
I love jazz but the crowd around it is awful so I rarely ever talk about it with my friends. I went to a Kamasi Washington show the other day and many people in the crowd were in suits for gods sake
>>
>>66136507
>Coldplay is a boringer version of an already vanilla radiohead, muse is that plus cock rock but they all have some good stuff
>memetrap like yachty and future are almost as bad as hopsin
>qotsa are buttrock for contrarians
Agreed with all of these desu.

Also DGD is good.
>>
>I only listened AAAHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA this year..
>>
Franz Ferdinand is the best british indie rock band
>>
>>66136649
So you didn't listen to any music this year until June?
>>
File: foxingdealer.jpg (92 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
foxingdealer.jpg
92 KB, 680x680
I think pic related is one of the best albums to come out in 2015 and one of the best emo records of the decade so far.
>>
>>66136507
Those are opinions, not confessions.
>>
>>66136677
Still listen to any music this year..
>>
>>66136535
How come?
>>
Muse is one of my favorite bands. Matt Bellamy is my favorite guitarist.
>>
>>66136919
He's a pleb guitarist - he even admitted in an interview he's shit and he's better at piano
>>
>>66136102
It's just a guy going off with different words and a bunch
of noises in the back here and there. If you don't like it, don't listen
>>
>>66137036
I don't know about that, stuff like Young God has a lot more to it than just buncha noises. The atmosphere is where it's at.
>>
there was a 2 year period of my life where i listened to nothing but the strokes
>>
>>66136728
SO you think there are things other than opinions
in the heads of people who come on this board?
That's what this thread is for...
>>
I like Frankie Sinatra
>>
File: 1449619844571.jpg (74 KB, 894x700) Image search: [Google]
1449619844571.jpg
74 KB, 894x700
>>66137073
I had that with radiohead and I was a close-minded cuck. Really glad I grew up. I still think they're great but there's so much stuff out there younger me could have used.
>>
>>66136129
I don't get it why do you keep bringing up funk metal up? literally nobody has made anything even remotely funk metal-y in 20 plus years but montie over here keeps bringing it up
>>
AnCo are self indulgent as fuck and Loveless, Slanted and Enchanted, and Pet Sounds are the most overrated albums of all time

Madlib also fucking sucks
>>
I don't see how In Rainbows is Radioheads most "accessible", "pop" or "pleb" album. For me it's on the same level as most of Radiohead's (just slightly less accessible than normal radio music)
>>
>>66137207
agreed on pet sounds desu, and I don't even mind it that much.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.