[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this correct? >inb4 xiu xiu is too high >inb4 newsom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 00s.png (16 KB, 217x479) Image search: [Google]
00s.png
16 KB, 217x479
Is this correct?
>inb4 xiu xiu is too high
>inb4 newsom is not a band
>>
how much did acid mothers temple pay him to list them
>>
Firey Furnaces are FOTM shit from 2003 so they don't belong there.
>>
>>66130909
"no"
>>
>>66130969
He's right, they are cosmically beautiful.
>>
>Mars Volta
>>
>>66131077
k
>>
>>66130969
None, AMT are really the best of the 2000's.
>>
>Animal Collective
>Good
>>
>>66131152
k
>>
>Solex
>band
>>
>>66131200
Band is a loose term for music outfit. "Artist" can apply to multiple media, so it would be confusing
>>
>>66131141
Thanks for agreeing instead of this getting ugly.
>>
>>66131263
You're ugly
>>
>>66131241
the simple way to clear this up is add "musical" in front "artist"
>>
>>66131283
You're retarded. I can get plastic surgery, you can't get brain surgery to make yourself more intelligent.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 722x349
>>66131327
>>
>>66130969
They release a million albums and most of them are at least alright, plus their kind of psychedelic music is along the lines of things that Scaruffi always gravitates towards.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 299x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 299x224
>>66130969
>>66131077
>>66131152
>>66131461
AMT do the best freakouts out there, ESPECALLY live. Rivalled in intensity and potency only by early Brainticket.

The name "ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE AND THE MELTING PARAISO UNDERGROUND FREAKOUT" is mind-blowing in itself. Image to supplement the music, of course, adds to the experience.
>>
>>66132011
I'm fucking sick of people playing safe, I love how they make a name like that for their band but anybody I'd ever meet in real life would never name a band anything like that out of hesitation for being seen in a bad way.
Not that naming a band is the point, the point is I'm fucking sick of every fucking musician in the present wanting to be absolutely fucking normal. I fucking hate my friends.
>>
>>66132297
I don't think that every musician today wants to be normal. There are plenty that want to push the boundaries of perceived good taste and musical "safeness."

What really has the best chance of standing out and gathering a following is an artist that creates a clear goal and unique image to go with their music. For example, Death Grips present themselves as mysterious and anarchist, as well as caring little about monetary income, which is different from most groups.
>>
>>66132445
Yeah you're true, I just wish I could find anybody in real life that agrees with this mentality. Even the fans of Death Grips trivialize their pushing of boundaries though so that it's not recognized nearly as much as it should be, though, it's like this mentality is the one that dominates everything else just because it's the most popular one. The aspiration of music right now just seems to be what sounds pleasing to the ears and nothing else.
>>
Solex isn't a band and also is too low.
>>
>>66132801
It's recognized, just in the wrong way
>>
>>66130909
>Acid Mothers Temple has 50 albums
Fuck where do I start
>>
>>66134652
Chronologically, in my opinion. Be prepared to get fucked over by their early work, though.

Hard psych fans and noise fans will be in heaven.
>>
>>66134652

http://www.scaruffi.com/vol6/acidmoth.html
>>
>>66130909
>is this correct
>in before it's not
so then what's the point of this thread?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.