[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Funk Music? And who do you believ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: slystone.jpg (82 KB, 650x439) Image search: [Google]
slystone.jpg
82 KB, 650x439
What are your thoughts on Funk Music?

And who do you believe to be the true originator of Funk Music? I know it's widely considered to be James Brown, but I think Sly and the Family Stone might be the originators.

If I'm not mistaken, James Brown in 1967 (when this song came out) was doing a "loud" version of soul, which was heavily influential on funk of course, but isn't quite what I'd consider to be funk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNnqHefLlbg

(Early funk from Sly and the Family Stone's debut album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mld7eSaydI

(mature funk from Sly and the Family Stone's 1973 album "Fresh")
>>
>>66130898
>What are your thoughts on Funk Music?
nigger trash
>>
>>66130914
Your favorite artists were probably influenced by black musicians one way or another
>>
i think james brown would be considered the originator of funk music, but in my opinion George Clinton is the king of the genre
>>
>>66130898
>What are your thoughts on Funk Music?
Stupid tacky urban trash just like soul and disco
>>
>>66131138
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mld7eSaydI

This shit is a syncopated masterpiece, you sound like an idiot.

You would have been one of those retards burning disco records back in 1979.
>>
>>66130914
"You must be 18 years or older to use this website."
>>
>>66130914
>>66131138
thank you Montie

>>66130898
Papa's got a brand new bag is from 1965
>>
>>66131266
Good point, that's pretty funky for 1965

But I think Sly Stone really took the genre to a whole new level. Unfortunately, Sly Stone was a huge druggie and he never really made anything noteworthy after 1973 to my knowledge. If he was more motivated, who knows what he could have released.
>>
>>66131266
papas got a brand new bag wasnt quite funk yet.
>>
>>66130937
nope, I don't listen to nigger trash
>>
>>66131334
Even your autist metal was indirectly influenced by black musicians
>>
>>66131334
name someone you listen to
>>
>>66131322
>papas got a brand new bag wasnt quite funk yet.

???

>>66131320
High on you is ok although nothing groundbreaking
>>
>>66131322
It's hard to tell, I would say it's like 75% of the way there
>>
>>66131393
I like a couple songs on Small Talk, but from what I've heard so far it's nothing special. It's a shame that he could make a genius song like "In Time", then never release anything on that level again.
>>
>>66130898
"The opening riff sounds like it was played by a 10 year old with a 12 inch schlong"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.