[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What albums are you boys looking forward to for the second half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1466617415476.jpg (351 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466617415476.jpg
351 KB, 1600x1600
What albums are you boys looking forward to for the second half of 2016?

Share and discuss, friendos
>>
nothing
>>
>>66129598
I don't know, haven't really paid attention to what's upcoming this year. Most albums I was interested in have already come out. New Neurosis and VDGG is all I can think of.

That's nice album art, by the way. Are they actually good or is it just Coheed and Cambria style "prog" for indie kids?
>>
>>66130075
>. New VDGG
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>66130132
Yeah...only cautiously excited because their new stuff has just been OK. They easily have the best output of classic prog bands in the 2010s but that's not saying much.
>>
>>66130075
They are indeed progressive Coheed and Cambria but there is a lot more going on. Words can't describe the absolute genious that these guys achieve regularly, I seriously recommend checking out Act IV, discovering their discography was one of the best experiences of my life and I hope you can enjoy it.

I find that they too often get dismissed as prog CaC or "that band that stole Deerhunter's name", if people here actually gave them a chance this would EASILY become /mu/core
>>
Cruel winter fampai.
>>
>>66130075
They are really good- their most recent record wasn't my favorite but Acts I-III are all excellent and Color Spectrum has some gems as well. Great live band too.
>>
>>66132611
Yeah, although I find Act IV to make a better first impression on new listeners, Act III is objectively the best Act of them all
>>
>>66132658
Act II is objectively the best and the best starting place
>>
New DGD despite being way past their prime
Sianvar and Secret band hopefully come out soon and deliver
TTNG's singles sound promising
sigur ros
Id like to hear dear hunter but i havent even heard act iii yet so i guess im not that excited
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.