[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help deciding between some earbuds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: earbuds.jpg (32 KB, 363x382) Image search: [Google]
earbuds.jpg
32 KB, 363x382
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CT5X2M6/ref=crt_ewc_title_gw_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A20O7ZIM03RW46

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EV4Q7EI/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2Q01ZBOI0VZW

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C30HUQ2/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2X0F4F8T5BV34

Which is the best for its price?
>>
Don't get expensive buds, they're awful for your hearing. Buy headphones if you plan spending more than $25
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-CL-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDriver/dp/B004PO10E2

get on my level
>>
I have the Symphonized earbuds. They're pretty good quality for $25. The biggest problem I have with them though is the bass being overly high. It's easily fixed if your music player has an EQ. Just slightly raise treble and lower a good amount of bass and it's fine.
>>
>>66129631
Most overhyped earbud on the market, and you fell for it.
>>
>>66129820
nope. best value monitors on the market. theyre the standard if you work in audio and arent rich
>>
>>66129631
i cannot stand those style of earbuds, they're just so uncomfortable.

https://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-Portable-Earphones-Black/dp/B000XPG2QI/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1467560714&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=hf5+etymotic

I've had these for a while and they're fantastic
>>
>>66129875
No, they aren't. The SE series, yes, but you need to get up to the 535's before they get great. For any kind of reference purposes the 215's are completely useless and I personally dislike the sound signature quite a bit.

I might be a bit pissy because I bought a pair and ended up barely using them, but they sure as hell aren't any kind of gold standard within the price range, as they are often made out to be.
>>
>>66129931
literally every small studio ive worked at uses them. why spend 5000 bux vs 1000 for enough monitors for everyone (unless youre broken social scene)

i dont really like buds though lol i like my sennheisers
>>
>>66130009
They're obviously fine for musicians to use if they want good isolation without bulky over-ears and just need to hear the music clearly enough to be able to record stuff, but again, for any kind of reference purposes, they are completely useless.
>>
Dunno but everytime i wear Over-Ears they feel so annoying, anyone else in this situation?
>>
>>66131501
>everytime i wear Over-Ears they feel so annoying
more annoying than shoving rubber bulbs in your ear canal? have you just never worn comfortable over ears? i can wear my dt880's for at least a few hours before i feel like taking them off
>>
>>66131577
I don't get this at all. I've worn my in-ears for like 6 hours straight right now without so much as a hint of discomfort. And I don't even have expensive ones.
>>
>>66131501
which over-ears have you used? cheap ones can be uncomfortable
>>
reminder that everyone has different ear shapes
>>
>>66131667
not true. all ears are ear-shaped
>>
3rd link > 2nd link >>> 1st link
>>
File: 1292299321593.png (19 KB, 202x180) Image search: [Google]
1292299321593.png
19 KB, 202x180
>>66129931
>tfw had the SE215s and ended up breaking them accidentally
>decide to go overboard and get a SE535 instead
>mfw listening to it for the first time

Man this shit is fucking amazing. Obviously something that costs 5x as the SE215 better be amazing but this thing is the best IEM or headphone I've heard in my life.
>>
>>66131720
damn...
>>
headfi is a good palce for help with headphones
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.