[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he do for music compared to Bach and Beethoven?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Mozart.jpg (75 KB, 550x590) Image search: [Google]
Mozart.jpg
75 KB, 550x590
What did he do for music compared to Bach and Beethoven?
>>
FURTHER
>>
He invented the ABC song.
>>
His opera was some of the best of the period, and thats what he's widely remembered for. I dont know if he revolutionized it, but he certainly had a hand in shaping it.
>>
He invented the pop song
>>
Nothing really, I think he just set the standards for good, heavily dense, and thematic operas.

Beethoven was more of a genius than him 2bh
>>
>introduced sonata forms to the opera
>developed a highly original synthesis of the tragedie lyrique and opera seria in idomeneo
>integrated polyphonic techniques into sonata forms
>developed a number of sonata-rondo hybrids
>bastardized variation form and sonata form (slow movement of the final f major quartet)
>greatly expanded the role of woodwinds in the orchestra, to the point where the winds in his later piano concerti come close to being a third agent separate from the soloist and orchestra
>wrote the longest and densest sonata form before beethoven's eroica (string quintet in c major)
>extremely fond of chromatic suspensions, sometimes resulting in sonorities foreign to tonal music (whole-tone clusters in the c major haydn quartet's introduction, suspension chords in the winds in the development section of the 40th symphony)
>>
He wrote about shit a lot
>>
>>66128905
>developed a number of sonata-rondo hybrids
>bastardized variation form and sonata form (slow movement of the final f major quartet)

Was he an influence in Beethoven fucking up traditional classical form?
>>
>>66129002
Beethoven literally worshipped Mozart.
>>
>>66129410
>believing this propaganda

Nope, he did not.
>>
>>66129421
Oh no someone says that it's propaganda without giving any justification. I guess I'll believe some rando on the internet over the 3 music professors that have told me this.
>>
>>66129410
>worshipped

nah. Mozart and Haydn were influences on him, but he was fiercely independent. Not exactly someone to "worship" anyone.
>>
>>66128517
Added to the list that goes on
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.