[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Music_26e50e_5910221.jpg (607 KB, 1222x5689) Image search: [Google]
Music_26e50e_5910221.jpg
607 KB, 1222x5689
Where do I start with rock?
>>
with the greeks
>>
Try igneous
>>
>>66123342
Same as any other genre. Start with the first album and work chronologically
>>
>>66123555
Which was...?
>>
>>66123342
Well if it wasn't such a broad genre I would say get into the big, current artists to get a feel for what the modern sound is, then go back to the origins of the genre and listen to what it has evolved from.

I find that way enjoyable l, but it might be a personal thing
>>
I don't see atmostuff.
also
>shoegazing
>>
>>66123576
If you had to start somewhere, I'd say queercore is your best bet.
>>
>>66123632
Blame Wikipedia
>>
>>66123632
That is the literal definition of the genre

>The term "shoegazing" was initially devised by the British music press as a gibe meant to ridicule the stage presence of a wave of groups who stood still during live performances in a detached, introspective, non-confrontational state, often with their heads down;[2][3] the heavy use of effects pedals also contributed to the image of performers looking down at their feet during concerts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoegazing
>>
>>66123665
*journalists
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
A really slept-on part of rock is Post-hardcore, though a lot of anons here like Rites of Spring and Drive Like Jehu.

Pic related: Gospel - The Moon is a Dead World
>>
>>66123342
>metal
>rock subgenre

kys
>>
>>66123780
Hey what do you think metal came from friend?

Stravinsky?
>>
>>66123857
kek
>>
>>66123576

The Beatles' first album, where music started
>>
>>66124269
HUEHUEEHUEUHUEUHUE
>>
>>66123342
prog rock, King Crimson and Pink Floyd are pretty good places to start
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.