[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this kills the plebs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: scruffay.jpg (7 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
scruffay.jpg
7 KB, 209x204
>this kills the plebs
>>
>>66120688
Also young girls hymens
>>
>>66120688
Does /mu/ take Scaruffi seriously or is he just a meme?
>>
File: beatles-submarine.jpg (60 KB, 600x319) Image search: [Google]
beatles-submarine.jpg
60 KB, 600x319
>this kills the scaruffidrone
>>
>>66120721
He is a good gateway into a lot of great music and is very knowledgable on the subject, but he also has shitty contrarion opinions
>>
>>66120721
He used to be a meme but over time he amassed a devout following of /mu/tants who take his writings as gospel.
>>
>>66120738
why is ringo always so short and ugly
>>
>>66120761
>>66120758
Nice.
>>
>>66120761
hi pleb

sorry scaruffi disliked your shitty favorite artist's discography

if you can't handle the heat...
>>
>>66120721
intellectuals take him seriously, idiots treat him as a meme.
>>
>>66120721
he's just a meme, although i've found out about some cool shit from browsing his website.
>>
>>66120738
Scaruffi is right about Beatles.
>>
>>66120688
why are there so many fucking scaruffi threads recently
>>
His classical and jazz picks scream rockism and his opinion of the role of critics in art is pretentious and self-congratulating, but he is right when he questions why I can't marry a 12 year old.
>>
Is this the hot new meme?
>>
File: scaruffi2016.png (32 KB, 281x497) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi2016.png
32 KB, 281x497
>>
https://factorysunburst.wordpress.com/tag/truth/

This destroys the Scaruffi for good.
>>
>>66120688
I really don't think he gives fair time to a lot of the albums he listens to. He often has contradicting views. One of my biggest disagreements I have from his opinion is that he thinks Yes is a better band than Genesis and Genesis basically sucks.
>>
>>66120903
>IMHO
>humble
>Scaruffi

kek

btw, notice how the people defending Scaruffi feel the need to call everyone else who disagrees with them in their praise of italian mememan as plebs.

Its called projecting

>>66120817
I love /mu/ for shit like this
>>
File: 1435448178812.png (97 KB, 234x281) Image search: [Google]
1435448178812.png
97 KB, 234x281
>>66120931
i cant even imagine the butthurt of the person who wrote this. beatles fans are pathetic
>>
>>66120980
i don't think he does either. he's said straight up that with movies he flat out doesn't watch most of them, and just predicts how good they probably are based on reviews and synopses. it's the only way he can manage to 'review' like over 100 movies a year. the same is probably more or less true with music as well. the dude's a hack.
>>
File: 1466961583415.jpg (78 KB, 620x930) Image search: [Google]
1466961583415.jpg
78 KB, 620x930
>>66120981
notice how people like you can never actually explain why scaruffi is wrong? you can only meme

you obviously think he's talking shit so go ahead and point to the review that irritated you
>>
>>66121005
anyone with half a ounce of common-sense would find that he's a hack by the way he writes most of his "reviews"
They are literally some bland references to some of the titles of songs, splapsticked with some adjective, and then some random, pointless vacuous judgement of value.
No argument, no context. At best, he slaps some nonsensical reference.
I'm pretty sure coding a "Scaruffi music review" generator wouldnt be hard at all honestly
>>
>>66120980
Yes is better than Genesis. What exactly are you trying to say?
>>
>>66121110
b-but I love the Beatles! I don't understand Captain Beefheart therefore he's SHIT!
>>
>>66121137
what reviews specifically are you talking about?
>>
>>66121110 see
>>66121137
thats just a little bit of what makes me dismiss Scaruffi.

Reviewing music is bad enough.
It reduces discussion of a field of aesthetics to some type of repetitive hollow industry.
Scaruffi takes that and multiplies it for a million.
Plus, his site screams of pseudo-intellectual desperation.

And the article that anon posted in >>66120931
raises some valid points (I dont give a flying fuck about The Beatles) mainly in what Scaruffi considers the greatest pieces of classical (erudite would be more accurate) music.
The small detail about posting Vivaldi's 4 Seasons with its more obscure general title is a perfect example on why he's an hack, and why so many people in /mu/ worship him:
he's more interested in projecting an aura of knowledge than actually enjoying, appreciating and understanding music. He cares more about filling lists and score points on some abstract competition in his head than actually listen to the goddamn music and form a coherent and interesting opinion
>>
>>66121165
I like Captain Beefheart and dont give a shit about the Beatles

I still dislike Scaruffi. Actually, I dont dislike him. I just find him completely worthless. I do dislike the people on /mu/ who worship him
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.