[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Review of Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: fugggg.png (268 KB, 1129x651) Image search: [Google]
fugggg.png
268 KB, 1129x651
DUBS PICKS NEXT ALBUM (NO REPEATS,FAKES, OR STUFF SO OBSCURE I CAN’T FIND IT)

Albums that constitute repeats:
>Jason Aldean - Old Boots, New Dirt

Review of “Old Boots New Dirt” by Jason Aldean
=====================================
This is a follow-up to my earlier post in which Satanic meme magic foisted “Old Boots New Dirt” into my prospective listening. I promised I would do a review of it. Here goes nothing.

I was debating whether or not to be completely sarcastic in this review and keep repeating the meme talk about this album - some nonsense about how you can hear a unique combination of Mozart, Fishmen, and black metal influences. But this review will be sincere.

This album is the epitome of cliche. It is so cliche that I cannot believe that it wasn’t just generated by a machine of some sort using an algorithm. I don’t know shit about the current music industry, so it might have been computer generated for all I know.

The instrumentation uses every country rock cliche. This is at least passable since there is somewhat of a big pallette of country rock cliches to draw on (did I use the word cliche enough yet?) so it doesn’t get utterly boring. Only very boring.

One song actually diverges from country rock instrumentals - “Burnin’ it Down” is Aldean’s typical country rock vocals over what I think can be characterized as synth pop. It is the most creative track on the entire album. With that fact in mind, if you listen to it, you can guage the quality of the rest of the album (hint: it’s bad).

(contd.)
>>
If we are really talking about “cliche” - the central theme and word of this review, then we would be talking about the lyrics. Good God. I remember brainstorming with my friends and siblings about how funny it would be to make some joke country album and the types of things that the songs would all be about, but Aldean has me beat in this area even with me brainstorming to make an album as ridiculous as possible. It sounds like a country album that somebody made as a joke. The lyrics are THAT run-of-the-mill. The track that takes the cake in this area is “If My Truck Could Talk”. There are several tracks that are nearly identical ballad/lamentations of relationship woes. I usually let albums pass on lyrics that I think are corny, and I am conversely not usually impressed with lyrics that are often given high praise, but this album was just begging to have it’s rating knocked down a peg by dint of it's lyrics.

It’s no surprise that this is just an album that was borne out of pure calculation for it’s intended audience. In 15 tracks, I counted 22 distinct writing credits on the Wikipedia page. It lists two personnel called “drum programmers”. The joke is on us because the album made a shitload of cash and is a certified Platinum in the United States. My conjecture about it being almost machine produced might be more accurate than one would think.

Final rating: 3/10 (Wow how surprising)

DUBS PICKS NEXT ALBUM
>>
shut up and fuck off
>>
>>66120516
are you kidding me? op actually delivered when I thought he would be a fag, i'm glad you came through my man

if my truck could talk....jesus I thought that was a meme song
>>
File: cover.jpg (431 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
431 KB, 800x800
>>
>>66120485
Coldplay a rush of blood to the head
>>
its great album 4uuuu
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 350x350
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
here's hoping
>>
File: NightTrainAldean.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NightTrainAldean.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>
File: 220px-Hollindagain_Reissue.jpg (12 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Hollindagain_Reissue.jpg
12 KB, 220x220
have fun anon
>>
>>66120666
o h s h I t
>>
>>66120666
deliverance
>>
>>66120666
Holy shit, was literally about to post this what are the chances. God tier live album.
>>
>>66120666

Satanic trips wins.

The next album review will be Hollindagain by Avey Tare, Panda Bear, and Geologist.

This will be my last review for tonight.
>>
>>66120485
thanks for deliverung and the write up op, hopefully aldean posting stops soon because even for post ironic meming it's getting to be too much and stale.
>>
>>66120485
Thanks for updating, OP.
>>
>>66120676
unfunny
>>66120690
I agree, their second best ever after Sung Tongs
>>66120723
hope you enjoy it man. I chose it because you'll either love it or hate it, so it should be interesting to see what you say.
will the review be posted itt?
>>66120809
this desu
>>
>>66120676
montie confirmed posting from his phone
>>
Can't wait to hear OP's reaction to
>1234 BLAUFHUIASDHFOISDHOIAHSDOIGH
>>
>>66120867
there's no 4 ya dingus, the song is in some 3-based time signature
>>
>>66120846
this is common knowledge
>>
>>66120485
>todayopwasnotafaggot.jpeg
>>
>>66121467
he will be if he doesn't deliver on Hollinndagain, so bump
>>
File: money store.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
money store.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>
>>66122496
wtfareyoudoing.jpg
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.