[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In honour of the new reissues, let's have a healthy, straightforward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 3285364530.jpg (402 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
3285364530.jpg
402 KB, 1425x1425
In honour of the new reissues, let's have a healthy, straightforward Melvins thread.

Favourite albums? Favourite live shows? Favourite bassists?
>>
stag would be my personal favorite without all the fuckin filler. Skin horse, the bit, tipping the lion, and black bock are all soo good
>>
>>66113617
I have mixed feelings about Stag, man. Like you said there are some killer tracks but I just can't reconcile the trumpets and turntable scratches
>>
>>66113584

Only heard that album and Lysol, but I thought Lysol was really cool
>>
the melvins make music for people who drink and drive
>>
>>66113649
you NEED to listen to bullhead and ozma
>>
>>66113584
Any nudes of that chick that used to play with them?
>>
File: 1401x788-88528088.jpg (207 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-88528088.jpg
207 KB, 1401x788
1984 melvins with the guy from mudhoney, i think buzzo is 20 in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fqqz5I2aY
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 200x200
for any melvins fans who haven't seen this interview check it out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaQ-1WsoG0

they come off as pretty annoying but in a young and arrogant kind of way, kind of endearing.
I love the set they play one it looks like someone's stuffy living room.

Also check out how neutered the drum kit is, its like the producers were scared of what Dale would do (for good reason maybe).

And shout out to the lame 'too cool for you' 90's audience bobbing their heads
>>
>>66113699

I'll download Ozma, thanks for the hot tip.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>66113716
This one?
>>
>>66113716

Shirley Temple's daughter?
>>
saw them / melt banana / napalm death

was a great show besides napalm death
they sounded awful
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
no lie
>>
>>66113584
I saw them last week and it rocked. I didn't even recognize like 75% of the set but it didn't really matter (I think it was mostly newer stuff)

My favs are the 90s stuff really, everything from Bullhead to Stoner Witch, The Maggot, Stag. Lysol is probably my fav overall
>>
File: cover.jpg (84 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
84 KB, 640x640
Kevin Rutmanis was their best bassist for sure.

That distortion and slide bass was cool as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhwY57j8xUc
>>
>>66113689
This is not an inherently bad thing.
>>
I've just started getting into Melvins recently. I downloaded a mega with all of their albums. I really like:

Houdini
Senile Animal
Hostile Ambient Takeover
Bullhead

Other Tracks: Queen, Electric Flower, Let it Be, We are doomed.

Where should I go next?
>>
>>66116237
You should definitely listen to Lysol, Ozma and Stoner Witch.
>>
did some one say melvins
>>
>>66116532
No
>>
>>66116532
maybe

i was thinking the other day why i like them so much, and a big reason for that is their sheer work ethic. they've relentlessly toured and churned out albums since the 80s, and none of those records has ever been straight up garbage. they're an absolute workhorse of a band, and it's so pure that it is always essentially just buzzo and dale doing their thing
>>
>>66116660
>none of those records has ever been straight up garbage

see

>>66114535
>>
old rehersal video, incredible. the early songs on gluey porch treatments, boris and ozma are so heavy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYSrpiOa4W4
>>
I didn't liked Houdini.
I want something noisier and slower.
>>
>>66116751
A Senile Animal
>>
>>66116751
Bullhead or Lysol
>>
still wondering about the color variants
>>
>>66113735
shouldn't he be fatter
>>
>>66116532
Yes
>>
Yo basses loaded kinda sucked. It had an awesome lineup though, Beer Hippie was only good song. What happened?
>>
A girl I really liked in high school overheard a chad reading Melvins lyrics after seeing my Houdini shirt. She said, "It's like a Sims conversation!"

Was she right, /melvins/?
>>
>>66121956
I actually like it and apparently it has the distinction of featuring their one and only free jazz song?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.