[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this album gets so much praise? It's nothing special
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (242 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
242 KB, 800x800
Why does this album gets so much praise? It's nothing special in their discography. To Be Kind is miles better
>>
I agree with you that TBK is better, but I do think it's a very solid album (8/10 for me), and coming from the perspective where this was a new sound for Swans, it's easy to understand why it received a lot of praise. I think it's fairly rated desu senpai.
>>
TBKs not better.
>>
Swans is all garbage

*tips fedora*

Yes m'lady I thoroughly enjoy the patrician band known as "swans"

How about you grow up past the crescsendo-core trash and get some real taste kids. Listen to classical you fucking plebs
>>
>>66110697
PUT YOU LIGHT IN MY MOOOUUUOOOUUUTH
>>
>>66111319
>implying creshendos are bad
>>
>>66110697
I'd say TBK is slightly better but in all of the best ways.

anyways, lunacy and especially avatar are god-tier songs
>>
>>66111982
Avatar is one of the worst songs on it tho

Piece of the Sky > Mother of the World > Apostate > The Wolf/The Seer > Lunacy > The Seer Returns > Song for a Warrior > Avatar > 93 Ave blues
>>
>>66110697
It also has the most god awful album cover
>>
>>66112047
the buildup at the end of avatar never ceases to give me goosebumps tbhfam
>>
>>66110697
Lel
>>
>>66112047
Glad im not the only person who hated 93 ave blues
>>
TBK is miles better. That being said, nowave swans is GOAT and nothing after Greed bar Soundtracks will ever live up to those albums.
>>
>>66113025
this
>>
>>66110697
>better
Even if it is so, what now? Is this shit-gurgling considered discussion of music? What's you point?
>>
>>66111319
This here. Despite occasionally enjoying some of these "avantgarde" bands deep inside I know that they're lazy af. Plebs dig drone-rock while Patricians see a lazy musician who barely progressed since the eighties.
>>
seer has more variety and some nice folky melodic parts
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.