[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of massive attack?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Massive_Attack_Heligoland.jpg (184 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Massive_Attack_Heligoland.jpg
184 KB, 480x480
What does /mu/ think of massive attack?
>>
i do like them very much.
>>
>>66110354
Mezzanine and 100th Window were awesome. I was surprised how dated Blue Lines was tho.
>>
FEARLESS ON MUH BREATH
>>
>>66110777

Trips or not...you should be punished for saying mean things about Blue Lines. It's one of the defining albums of the trip hop genre.
>>
>>66110856
I know it sparked the genre but by now compared to how the genre sounds it's more of an r&b album imo
>>
You can free the world
You can free my mind
>>
>>66110884

Ya but the genre morphing was their fault too.

I dunno...maybe dated just feels like the wrong word to me. I know what you're getting at. Maybe it's the production values?
>>
>>66110980
That was part of it, yeah
It did grow on me though. I guess it's kinda like how people hail TVU as protopunk. I went in expecting that and instead just got a really unique but clearly 60s album.
>>
>>66110644
>>66110777
>>66110800
>>66110900
Damn that's a lot of gets.
>>
SHALL WE TAKE A SPIN AGAIN NO WITNESSES
>>
>>66110354
they good
>>
>>66110354
loved the new EP,hope a new album drops soon.
>>
>>66110884
so is a lot of portisheads stuff
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.