[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autechre is sci-fi, Boards of Canada is vintage/nostalgia, Aphex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: aphex-twin-logo.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin-logo.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
Autechre is sci-fi, Boards of Canada is vintage/nostalgia, Aphex Twin is ???
>>
a talentless hack
>>
Good music
>>
Not intended to evoke a specific theme with all of his music, and operates more on a per song basis, so this comparison is useless
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (4 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
4 KB, 480x360
>>66109585
his theme is drugs
>>
Bonkers
>>
>>66109053
I always felt like Aphex was smack dab in the middle between BoC and Ae when it came to themes. On Come To Daddy, there was a track that sounded a little like BoC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLHtV_S2HZw
And one that sounded a little like Ae:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIeA2ct5Sew
>>
>>66109053
video games
>>
>>66109053
I'd actually argue that early OPN is more sci fi than Autechre. Not sure what I would relate to Autechre.

>>66109585
I agree with this

Boards of Canada is a picnic on a beautiful summer day next to a polluted lake
>>
>>66109736
I love IZ-US so much
>>
File: nose in.gif (850 KB, 258x200) Image search: [Google]
nose in.gif
850 KB, 258x200
>>66109786
Because it's sci-fi, space future, computers, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huny02GCj6I
>>
>>66109053
aphex twin is all over the place.
Saw 85-92 and icbyd is pretty scifi ish/future.
SAW II and Druqks is lonely in a big place.
As for the others, dunno
>>
>>66109847
It definitely sounds like computers. I would associate their sound with something like computer programming but not space related sci fi.

When I hear autechre I think of max/msp, not space.
>>
>>66109786
OPN is the opposite of sci-fi, like new age or something.
>>
Overrated mediocrity
>>
Autechre is about Christianity
>>
>>66109585
when autism attacks
>>
>>66110374
dude Rifts sounds just like Vangelis
ur dum
>>
>>66109053
autism
>>
File: 01292839285.jpg (36 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
01292839285.jpg
36 KB, 800x475
alien dance music
>>
>>66110851
>>66110851
are you on fucking meth?

a) this is one of their worst songs
b) on one of their worst albums
c) and they suck as a band in general
>>
>>66110233
Autechre makes me think of a server farm deep underground, with every computer algorithmically generating different rhythms.
>>
>>66111517
this is pretty accurate as well
>>
theyre all different elements of sci-fi:

autechre is primarily concerned with technology and computation; not cold, but just apathetic

BoC is definitely the most human: probably something to do with memories and identity

OPN is like a combination of the now-cheesy scifi elements of the late 20th century and collages of nature similar to the upcoming voyage of time

aphex is kind of a mixed bag of all the above: saw i is tied closely to the beginnings of the www, saw ii is an alternate ost to tarkovsky's stalker, and rdj is like akira but more modern
>>
BoC is Star Wars

Autechre is THX1138
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.