[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
blink-182's California
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: California.jpg (326 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
California.jpg
326 KB, 3000x3000
This album has no right to be as good or as fun as it is.
>>
Guess which song:
Woahohohoh
Woah oh oh oh
Woah oh oh oh
Woahohohoh
Whoaaaaaaaaaa
Whoaaaaaaaaa
Whoah oh oh oh
WHOAAAAAAAH OH OHHHH OHH
>>
>>66108449
literally all of them.
and all of the killers
and all of arcade fire
and all of mumford and sons
and all of the generic "indie" scene.
can't wait until this trend dies off.
>>
I shamelessly love their self titled album, enjoyed TOYPAJ and Enema.

I just can't get into this album. It feels like they're trying to be old blink but at the same time they're not.

I mean fuck there's a song (can't remember which one) on this album that sounds VERY similar to Rock Show.

I'll probably go back and listen to it, I've yet to give it a full listen because I just get so bored with it.
>>
>>66108575
I thought it would die out by the 2010s
>>
>>66108751
their self-titled is fantastic.
>>
>>66108575
blink-182 is nothing like those bands.

blink-182 actually have energy and fun in their songs.
>>
>>66108575
Hot Fuss was a good album. That is all.

>>66108751
>>66108897
The self-titled was easily their best. I'm tempted to say they should have left it there.

>>66108998
What you're describing is the "pop" in pop-punk. Blink is the only band out of those mentioned that is pop-punk, so yeah, that would make sense.
>>
it definitely exceeded my expectations
>>
Lol @ anyone who was enjoyed this or any blink 18shit album

If you are anywhere near the Ohio area, I'll cut you up into little pieces and cum all over your remains
>>
>>66109134
What do you listen to, friend?
>>
>>66109134
>july 2nd

yep checks out
>>
>>66109162
I'm a big Hindustani classical nut, self proclaimed Baroque addict, I love some boogie woogie and a little ragtime

And above all, jazz
>>
>>66109249
then why are you in this thread?
>>
>>66109249
>>>66109162 (You)
>I'm a big Hindustani classical nut, self proclaimed Baroque addict, I love some boogie woogie and a little ragtime
>And above all, jazz

I've got Frank Sinatra's In the Wee Small Hours, Sam Cooke's Night Beat, a Les Paul & Mary Ford greatest hits comp, and a complete Chopin's Nocturnes in my library.

Blink-182's eponymous album is at least a 6. Three years ago I would have rated it a 10. Stop being so angry at people who can enjoy something a bit juvenile at times. It's fun.

That being said, I haven't heard the new record and probably won't.
>>
>>66108410
>are you on fucking meth?
>a) this is one of their worst songs
>b) on one of their worst albums
>c) and they suck as a band in general
>>
>>66109421
I'm in this thread because
If you are anywhere near the Ohio area, I'll cut you up into little pieces and cum all over your remains
>>
>>66109724
that's off-topic
>>
>>66109746
Maybe you could discuss some better music

I'm in charge here, learn some fucking respect
>>
>>66108752
it's still the 2010s
>>
>>66109839
he said "by the 2010s"

when you say "I'll be there by 5 o'clock," do you show up at 5:40?
>>
>>66109777
Music is subjective.
>>
>>66109134
>being this summer
>>
>>66109134
here comes the taste police.

you are the cancer that makes this board the laughing stock of 4chan.
>>
>>66110794
>>66110258
>>66110202
Actually, elitism is what made /mu/ great
Elitism is what stocked our share threads with some of the greatest quality avante garde and foreign oddities of records to be found on earth

You are NOT welcome on my board
>>
>>66110873
/mu/ represents the biggest faggots on this website.

When someone is "into" music, they are typically already a faggot. But when you get really snobby and contrarian about music, you transcend into a completely higher level of faggotry. People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about music is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain.
>>
File: image.png (232 KB, 970x902) Image search: [Google]
image.png
232 KB, 970x902
>>66110873
"""elitism"""

more like underaged girls.
>>
>>66111047
>/mu/ represents the biggest faggots on this website.
We are far from the bottom and you know it
>>
>>66111196
Both suck, your point?
>>
>>66111434
it's a copypasta desu
someone posted that after being triggered that people didn't like their favorite album.
>>
>>66111455
/mu/ is full of hypocrites and contrarians and hipster NuMale gayboi faggots.
>>
>>66111614
Or maybe not all the same person who like different things.
>>
>>66111629
>liking Taylor Swift is ok

yikes.
>>
>>66111672
>liking Led Zeppelin is ok

yikes.
>>
>>66108410
>>66108751
Substantial blink senpai here:

Dude Ranch was eh.
Enema & TOYPAJ were fantastic, but the latter a bit too long.
Self-titled was easily their best by any measure.
Neighborhoods was decent. A pleasant surprise that this band could return after so many years and still make me groove at least a little bit ("After Midnight", "Even If She Falls").

Now THIS:
Terrible.
One upsetting part is how many of these sound like other songs... "No Future" just like Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You", multiple songs referencing some of the chants or whatever on Green Day's American Idiot/21st Century Breakdown. The melody of "California" is quite akin to something that I haven't been able to place yet....
Another depressing thought is that the band seems proud of this record, as band's usually are...they really think this is good, huh?

The best songs are "Home Is Such a Lonely Place" (perhaps for being so out of place? The only song with a different sound on the whole album?) and the decent "Sober" – at least that one's 'na na' hook is catchy enough.

This is just a microscopic amount better than 5 Seconds of Summer, and that's saying something.
>>
I enjoyed it. There's some songs that are a little meh but for the most part the album is pretty solid in my eyes. I love the opener.
>>
>>66108410
this song is neither good nor fun & blink was one of my favorite bands
>>
California sucks desu. The producer (who also worked with 5SOS ironically enough) just fucked up the album so badly. It pretty much sounds like some boy band bs.
>>
>>66111455
>>66111196
Both Taylor Swift and Led Zeppelin are Good.
>>
>>66113254
I agree that the production sucks, but ironically this will probably help them get younger fans. I'm excited for anything that might spur a rock revival.
>>
File: 1464472244685.png (110 KB, 345x304) Image search: [Google]
1464472244685.png
110 KB, 345x304
>>66114193
I guess. But really It'll probably just end up being another revival.

Also goth revival when? Not that mallgoth bullshit but stuff like The Cure.
>>
downloading s/t thanks to this thread
>>
>>66111732

can't really trust the opinions of some who rates Dude Ranch as eh
>>
The only people that say ST is their favorite are the ones who listened to it as their first blink 182 album.
>>
>>66108410
>no Tom, no blink 182
>it's +44, featuring Skiba
>>
>>66114532
Pretty much this.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.