[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are actually people who unironically think this is a bad album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: mbdtf.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mbdtf.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
There are actually people who unironically think this is a bad album
>>
>>66104157
it's like a 5
>>
>>66104157
anyone that thinks this is over a 7 is a confirmed pleb who rides trends and doesn't care about music
>>
>>66104157
How's high school?
>>
it's ambition (and lore) over substance
far, far over substance
>>
>>66104226
Listen to the album and actually dissect what's going on in each track, focus on each instrument and the different textures. The only bad thing about this album is the shitty master, the unmastered version of the album sounds so much better.
>>
>>66104245
And what trend is this? Clearly you haven't listened to the album
>>
>>66104275
The "I'm black and I'm having sex" trend.
>>
>>66104260
focused on the album, heard it fucking clip like 3 times
>>
>>66104260
Beats are pretty good mostly sure but this is a rap album and the verses are just trash. If it was all on the level of Power it'd be ok but most of Kanye's verses and basically all the features are just bad.
>>
>>66104299
Jesus Christ, it's a concept album about being ridiculously rich and famous not a "I'm black and having sex" album

>>66104302
Listen to the unmastered version of the album here -> https://mega.co.nz/#F!Kx5ERBjZ!QifrlMjEm7q2hBcIvoDhFg
>>66104302
>>
>>66104260
The fuck? Where can I find the unmastered version?
>>
Anyone who shits on this album having not listened to this unmastered version is just wrong

>>66104353
Here -> https://mega.co.nz/#F!Kx5ERBjZ!QifrlMjEm7q2hBcIvoDhFg
>>
>>66104341
not the guy you were responding to, but I got the concept, I even kind of liked it in theory. but overall people see way too much in it. It really doesn't go deeper than most hip hop with the (really common) theme of being consumed by greed/power/fame etc

people overrate it cause they follow Kanye's life and the albums like an extension of his twitter
>>
>>66104366
I swear to fucking god if this has malware
>>
Death Grips vs Kanye West

Death Grips is a progressive band pushing the genre forward.
Kanye makes shallow pop music and faux-"experimental" shallow pop music that is eaten up by tasteless normies.

Kanye West is loved only by memeing teenagers (Yeezus Season bruh XD).
Death Grips' fanbase is largely on 4chan, an 18+ site.

Death Grips has great verbose and intellectual lyrics (listen to Government Plates).
Kanye just raps about muh dick, money, fame, and bitches.

Kanye rips off his fan by selling overpriced blank white t-shirts.
Death Grips offers only the highest-quality affordable merch like the Death Classic and Guillotine shirts.

Death Grips never disappoints when experimenting and MC Ride has a great range and can perform many styles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p611hMnrGKE
When Kanye attempts to deviate, he makes the most cringeworthy shit in his catalog (808s, Yeezus, and Pablo).

MC Ride is soft-spoken and eloquent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWdpEnJfxI
Kanye is a babbling loud-mouth nigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

Kanye is praised for his "production" by retarded teenagers who don't know what production actually means even though his music sounds the same as all other pop shite.
Death Grips' raw production enhances their music and is fierce and invokes a feeling like I am really gripping death.

Most of Kanye's fans only listen to him because of white guilt.
Death Grips is hated by SJWs for including white men.
>>
>>66104395
No I'm listening to it right now, it's so much better like it's made me love So Appalled after think it was a shit song originally
>>
>>66104366
The link isn't working because mega sucks ass, upload it to zippyshare pls
>>
>>66104407
I seriously hope this is a shitty pasta
>>
>>66104407
I get that this is like a pasta or something but a lot of it's true desu

>Death Grips is a progressive band pushing the genre forward.
>Kanye makes shallow pop music and faux-"experimental" shallow pop music that is eaten up by tasteless normies.

true

>Death Grips has great verbose and intellectual lyrics (listen to Government Plates).
>Kanye just raps about muh dick, money, fame, and bitches.

p much true

>Death Grips never disappoints when experimenting and MC Ride has a great range and can perform many styles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p611hMnrGKE [Embed]
>When Kanye attempts to deviate, he makes the most cringeworthy shit in his catalog (808s, Yeezus, and Pablo).

true

>
Kanye is praised for his "production" by retarded teenagers who don't know what production actually means even though his music sounds the same as all other pop shite.
>Death Grips' raw production enhances their music and is fierce and invokes a feeling like I am really gripping death.

true
>>
>>66104407
Funniest thing I've read all week. How's it feel knowingly that Kanye is more critically acclaimed, commercially successfull, and influential than death grips ever will be.
>>
>>66104157
are you on fucking meth?

a) this is one of their worst songs
b) on one of their worst albums
c) and they suck as a band in general
>>
>>66104407
>Kanye rips off his fan by selling overpriced blank white t-shirts.
Everyone who brings this up is retarded. The "hip hop tee" Kanye designed along with the rest of the APC Kanye collection were made with a minimalist aesthetic in mind, along with everything else APC makes and just about every other high fashion brand. High fashion isn't made to "rip people off", its made to cater to a niche market of people who want to buy these pieces and pay for the quality of the clothing. The "hip hop tee" was made with egyptian cotton and $100 for a plain t-shirt is the standard price for APC. If you thik $100 for a shirt is bad than you should look up the prices for Kanyes own brand Yeezy Season or high fashion designers like Alexander Wang or Rick Owens
>>
>>66104516
This post is proof that Kanye dickriders are trend followers who care about image more than music.
>>
>>66104157
i don't think it's bad. it's obviously not BAD music. it's just not good on the level it's pushed by /mu/ and p4k and shit.
>>
File: kek.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>66104407
>invokes a feeling like I am really gripping death
zozzle me timbers
>>
Not "bad". It's mediocre.
>>
>implying
>>
>>66104245
there is too much irony in this post.
>>
needa more succ
>>
>>66104381

yea but that's what it is - a musical portrait of kanye's psychology at the time he made the album. that's what makes his music so hard to get into but once you accept that you want to see kanyes point on view on things, that's when the albums become really special because he does such a good job at making these theatrical albums that you can listen to it and instantly understand where he's coming from, even if you think he's egotistical and has a god complex or whatever. it's hard to find personal connections with artists that feel this real
>>
>>66105719
i also think that MBDTF pushed hip-hop forward in such a way that these ambitious concept albums like this are much more common now (like GKMC) back when this was released this was earth shattering shit
>>
>>66104407
>Most of Kanye's fans only listen to him because of white guilt.
>Death Grips is hated by SJWs for including white men.

Of course you're a /pol/tard. Nice bait, famalam.
>>
>>66104366
thx familia
>>
>>66105719
>makes his music so hard to get into

uhh come again? he's so popular and that album was a huge success, tasteless normies seem to get into it easily enough
>>
>>66104407
I know this is bait but the fact you said 808s is garbage throws your opinion out the window
>>
>>66104381
it's a genius album, the concept of being extremely rich and hedonistic is perfectly represented musically
>>
>>66104366
wow this is actually better
>>
>>66104157

We are the freshman class of /mu/ and we think that album sucks. It's on its way out.
>>
How dare you not like what I like !
>>
>>66104157
It's actually a really fucking good album, there's a reason why it's so acclaimed both in and outside of /mu/. Most of the people who hate it haven't listened to it, it's not full of "yo white gurl likes muh dix".
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.