[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dylan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: highway 61.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
highway 61.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
Where to stop ?
>>
Blood on the Tracks

I am a huge fan though so I enjoy quite a few of the later albums too, but Blood on the Tracks is the last great one.
>>
>>66101326
Desire and Love & Theft are totally worth your time
>>
>>66102053

but are there as good as Blood on the Tracks?
>>
Christgau had said in the 97 P&J Poll, "Although I do enjoy Dylan's dark, postmodern 'Time Out of Mind', I'd rather listen to Blood on the Tracks and about 10 earlier albums."
>>
Slow Train Coming just because Gotta Serve Somebody is so silly I can't stop listening to it.
>>
>>66101326
This. But most of his later albums have at least one or two bangers like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kfWmDU2iaQ

>tfw no Dylan on youtube
>>
>>66101276
Where the fuck do I start? Tbh I've never heard a Dylan album...
>>
>>66102097
Christgau is a prog hating close minded retard so that means nothing to me
>>
>>66102580
But prog does suck.
>>
>>66102776
His reasoning for it sucking is retarded, and if you share it then your opinion is discarded by me as well
>>
File: bobdylan.png (885 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
bobdylan.png
885 KB, 1600x1200
>>66102412
This is a preety good flowchart for dylan.
>>
Prog isn't rock-and-roll though. Rock-and-roll is played with 1-2 guitars, a bass guitar, and drums. Prog is a pile of sludge with 20 minute long tracks backed by the London Philharmonic and costing about $20 million to produce.

Of course I do not agree with Christgau that metal isn't rock-and-roll, but that's a separate issue altogether.
>>
>>66101276
>Where to stop ?
Time out of mind is worth yr time
>>
>>66102969
wew
>>
File: Bob_Dylan_-_Desire.jpg (115 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Dylan_-_Desire.jpg
115 KB, 300x300
Desire, the album after Blood on the Tracks is way underrated.

After that you can stop.
>>
>>66103223
>prog isn't rock-and-roll
>metal is rock-and-roll

What's middle school like these days, kid?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.