[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JESUS FUCK, DESIIGNER BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: holy fuck.png (81 KB, 405x371) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck.png
81 KB, 405x371
>But there’s nothing you can do here to redeem this material—which is maybe why it’s stuffed with a needlessly lush intro and several interludes, a consummate filler move so Tidal users could enjoy strings in high-def.
>>
One of the few times Pitchfork is right.
>>
>>66095936
I can't say I disagree
>>
>>66095936
Also, fuck Tidal. I hope Apple Music adopts it and homeschools the fuck out of it.
>>
The fact that so many books still name Desiigner as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” rapper ever only tells you how far hip hop still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rap critics are still blinded by commercial success. Desiigner sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Hip hop critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Desiigner did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>66095936
Da Day is fucking solid but other than that I loled throughout the whole album
>>
i really don't think he should have released this tape desu.

the album itself could still be decent based on timmy turner, but this is just a bunch of unfinished scraps, which is not the kind of thing you drop when the whole rap world is watching and waiting to see how you follow up your #1 single (and only song).
>>
>>66096270
Yeah, it's trash that anyone with the backing he has could throw together in a few days.
>>
>implying you can't easily bounce back from pitchfork's opinion.
>>
>>66095936
>completely trash the album
>still a 4.7

Get it together you inflated fucks.
>>
File: sad wayne.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sad wayne.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
>>66096210
>>fuckin lord jamar over here
>>
>>66096210
O shit nigga
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.