[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underated Bands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: MM.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
MM.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
Modest Mouse has been my favorite band for 8 years now, Isaac Brock is a genius.

Why don't you appreciate them /mu/?

also Modest Mouse general
>>
>>66093870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0cxs4TVKM
>>
>>66093870
GOTTA GO TO WERK GOTTA GO TO WERK GOTTA GETTA JOBB
>>
King Rat is easily their best song post-M&A and maybe their best song overall.
>>
serious question, how new are you OP?
>>
>>66093920
My favorite modest mouse song.
>>
modest mouse were part of the first wave of indie rock to break into the mainstream you egg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTAud5O7Qqk
>>
>>66094220
my nigga
>>
>>66094188
my first post on /mu/ actuallly

found b when i was like 13, moved to /pol/ when /new/ died been there ever since.

so 8 years new i think, faggot
>>
>>66094220
a good one

but mines Beachside Property
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 662x494) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 662x494
alice in chains

great harmonies
song structures
lyrics
plus a tragic end

granted their best album was their first so there is that
>>
File: ugly.jpg (176 KB, 658x657) Image search: [Google]
ugly.jpg
176 KB, 658x657
>>66093870

Underated as fuck and another stroke of Isaac Brock's genius

Ugly Casanova
>>
WELL
>>
File: BrisaacIock.jpg (8 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
BrisaacIock.jpg
8 KB, 310x163
>>66094423
dance dddance ddance and go crazy
>>
>>66094336
Anyone who hasn't listened to this really needs to. It's like if Modest Mouse went further down the M&A and Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks style, and actually did something interesting with the Tom Waits influences that show up on Good News and We Were Dead.
>>
>>66093870
are any of their albums other than Long Drive and Crowded west worth listening to?

the only song i've heard from antartica is "3rd planet". not a fan of good news or we were dead.

Also, I consider Mechanical Birds to be their best song...that's just me...
>>
>>66094423
ALLS NOT WELL BUT IM TOLD ITLL ALL BE QUITE NICE
>>
>>66094624
The Moon & Antarctica is their best in my opinion.
>>
>>66093870
calling Modest Mouse underrated is like calling Arcade Fire underrated
>>
>>66094624
Honestly all of their albums are great besides maybe We Were Dead. seriously though, listen to moon and antarctica immediately.
>>
Reminder that everything from TIALD to M&A was released in the span of only 4 years. That's half the amount of time it took them to make Strangers to Ourselves and they've been doing their pop stuff for four times as long.

>>66094624
Listen to Building Nothing Out of Something. It compiles their first EP and non-album singles from 1996-1998 and is actually very cohesive. The Moon and Antarctica is also great, but it's not really the same style as their early stuff. Also check out 'Whenever You See Fit', a single (It's 14 minutes long) they did with 764-Hero. One of their best songs.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.