[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music critics are cancer. Some of my favorite albums of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Fat.jpg (56 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Fat.jpg
56 KB, 800x450
Music critics are cancer.

Some of my favorite albums of all time took me 5+ listens for me to "get" it. These idiots skim through an album in an attempt to find an "objective" error they can point out to make themselves sound intelligent. 99% of the time they just adhere to the critic groupthink because they're dead inside and incapable of actually understanding what makes music special.
>>
Congrats on just now realizing this.
>>
fantano gives album multiple listens before reviewing

most critics do this as well

what's your point?
>>
>have a schedule to keep so they can't listen to albums until they force themselves to like them
>when they do change their mind people get on them for bandwagoning and being untrue to their original critique
>>
>>66083687
If you're listening to music to rate it on a scale or jot down errors, you cannot experience the music.
There's no point in reading an album review in [current year] because everything in on Youtube anyways. Reviews are created BY snobs FOR snobs who just want to appear to be intelligent.
>>
>>66083643
not sure if bait but i'll answer to this anyway
>Some of my favorite albums of all time took me 5+ listens for me to "get" it
good critics listen to albums that they review a couple of times and for the most part, multiple listens are not required since these people have a lot of experience with music

>These idiots skim through an album in an attempt to find an "objective" error they can point out to make themselves sound intelligent
nice projection right there. literally no one gives a fuck whether they appear intelligent or not, it's their actual job to review music.

>they're dead inside and incapable of actually understanding what makes music special
im starting to think you're autistic at this point. do you even common sense, m8?
>>
>>66083863
Or perhaps people want to hear other's opinion about a certain album. Everybody likes opinions and if you're saying otherwise, the fuck are you doing on this website. Besides this, I find music reviews entertaining and I watch them just for fun. Most of the time I dont even agree with the opinons that are being stated but i respect them regardless if they are well articulated.
>>
>>66083863
>Reviews are created BY snobs FOR snobs who just want to appear to be intelligent.
no, reviews are created by people who enjoy analyzing and discussing music
nobody tries to appear intelligent, only shitty pitchfork reviews do this
people love music enough to do something to get paid for it, isn't that a strange concept?
>>
I agree with Fantano almost 8 out of 10 times.
>>
>>66083643
But how else will you know if you should like an album?
>>
>>66083904
fuck off marcel
>>
>>66084010
If you think you can reduce an entire album to one arbitrary number, then that says a lot about how much of a misguided faggot you are.
>>
Everyone who listens to music is a music critic in that they have their own opinion of the music they listen to.
Are you annoyed that someone has a different way of listening to/appreciating music? If you don't agree with someone, you don't need to waste effort and time in being angry at their opinion, and can, for the most part, ignore it.
>>
>>66084138
You missed the entire point. I agree that rating albums is quite cancerous since stupid fucks like you only care about some stupid number (which they also think it's arbitrary, lol) without paying attention to the actual analysis of the music. Yeah, rating albums is stupid but that doesn't invalidate opinions and arguments.
>>
>>66083643
5 listens is nowhere near enough
>>
>>66083643
Music reviewers are helpful in that they can help expand people's taste, and help them see music in a new perspective from someone more well-informed. What I disagree with, though, is rating and categorizing all music. If you go into something with the mindset of "I have to rate this", you're already confining yourself. It limits the ability of art to do anything or make a statement, and can also set up a hivemind.
>>
>>66084138
No, but you can express the intensity of an emotion on a numerical scale. After all, that's what the score represents in truth, how much enjoyment the person experiences when listening to it
>>
>>66084138
You're a fucking idiot. Reviewing albums has nothing to do with an arbitrary number to rate the release. If you look below the top of a review, you'll notice words, sentences and paragraphs that attempt to describe the music and explain their refined opinions.

I'm guessing you're a teenager so you can't be bothered to read anything, though.
>>
File: scaruffi.jpg (17 KB, 260x300) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi.jpg
17 KB, 260x300
>>66083643
you obviously aren't familiar with scaruffi

come back when you've read at least 100 of his artist pages
>>
>music critic is actually the disease, cancer #anthonyfantano
>>
>>66083863
No reviews are created (ussually) by people who listen to alot of music and are knowledgable about it. It isn't there to change your opinion its there to challenge it and compare tastes and to see what other poeples opinion is on it. How are you still alive in 2016 and still haven't gotten this?
>>
>>66084470
Scaruffi is a terrible critic and a meme.
>>
>>66083733
>>have a schedule to keep
>quantity over quality
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.