[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A thread meant for positive discussion of a this record. I personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11
File: Wildflower_Web.jpg (120 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower_Web.jpg
120 KB, 620x620
A thread meant for positive discussion of a this record.

I personally think, so far, two listens in, this is the ultimate follow up to SILY.

What's your favorite track?

Mine's Sunshine so far, because of the weird whirl of repetition with the vocals and the beat. I'm not sure how they achieve that effect.

They sound more refined, less chaotic, though even more detailed. There's a load of soul samples in here. Segments remind me of Donuts.

How did they make Kaleidoscope Lovers?
It sounds like looking through a kaleidoscope.
>>
>a thread made for a circlejerk
this isn't fucking reddit
>>
>>66079582
w/e idc
>>
It's fuckin' trash
T
b
h
f
a
m
>>
E L E C T R O S W I N G
>>
I've listened to it in full five times. Listened to some individual songs a few times too.

My favorite tracks are Harmony, Because I'm Me, If I Was a Folkstar and The Noisy Eater.

Harmony is so upbeat and just pretty. The whole album feels like Disney childlike magic to me personally.
>>
>>66079832
yeah, it sounds magical. It's positivity, but not without some serious emotional content. it's not all happy go lucky if you really feel it, i think.
>>
>>66079899
Well I feel like that's what gives it that childlike magic thing. It's super bittersweet at times and it feels beautiful but happy too.
>>
>>66079162
Kaleidoscope Lovers might end up being my favorite Avalanches song
Either that or Close to You
>>
>>66079162
As a Painting With fan, I'm so happy that there's a new album that is getting all the meme hate.
>>
>>66079899
>>66079944
I actually for my first listen to the album last night took a walk around where I live. I walked about 21 minutes or so to this park and when I got there Zap came on and it was amazing. Just sat down on a swing and used it while listening to the album. Could see some stars and it was a perfect Summer night. Made the album's first listen so perfect.
>>
>>66079162
Tied with Human Story 3 for the worst album of all time.

Fuck 2016.
>>
>le hate bcuz lel happy album xd
It was great. I loved If I was a Folkstar, Colours, Subways, The Noisy Eater, Kaleidoscope Lovers, Harmony and Saturday Night Inside Out
>>
>>66080004
>Just sat down on a swing and used it

electro-swinging
>>
Which song features Warren Ellis? I'm stupid and can't tell which is it.
>>
File: 2343242352.png (35 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
2343242352.png
35 KB, 1000x1000
I hate fucking everything. This album sucks and everything sucks and I wish I was fucking dead. Have you guys read any of the electroswing memes yet? I think they're funny when applied to this album so here we go

>mfw listening to electroswing

There we go, I've used the electroswing meme. Wasn't that funny how I've used what most consider to be a cringeworthy genre to incorrectly label this album? Ha. Ha. Ha. My mom's pushing to kick me out of the house we've grown up in since 2004 and since I don't have a job, this would mean I'd have to hop from the couches of the few friends I've kept since dropping out of high school until I inevitably wind up either living in homeless shelters or sleeping on park benches. I take out all of my anger on those who still appreciate my company and every day is a set of hours in which I push myself more and more into the thought of what a comfortable suicide would be. Oh, have you guys read that NME gave this album a low score? Here, I'll post it like as if it matters what NME, a music publication that thinks Arctic Monkeys are the greatest band that's ever existed, thinks about this record.

http://www.nme.com/reviews/the-avalanches/16513
2/5

Okay. That's all I and any other naysayer usually have to say about this record on /mu/. I'm gonna have another nightmare in which it starts off peacefully enough; my father coming back from wherever it was he ran off to years ago, we spend time together and apologizes for abandoning me as a child and my family makes it through all of our recent hardships, content and stronger than we ever were before. I wake up. The nightmare wasn't the dream, but the act of waking up to find that all of that happiness wasn't real to begin with. I fucking hate everything. I wish I was dead. I wish I was dead. I wish I was dead. I wish I was dead. I fucking hate everything. I wish I was dead.
>>
>>66080292
ok
>>
>>66080292
hope you're doing okay, anon
>>
>>66080292
I don't want to live in a world where that shit can be AOTY.
>>
File: 1462673537266.jpg (142 KB, 740x960) Image search: [Google]
1462673537266.jpg
142 KB, 740x960
>>66080430
>>
>>66080292
man this is one dark post. i at least hope you're sleeping well, anon.
>>
>>66080292
Holy projection
>>
>>66080292
I have a severe psychotic disorder which makes me hear voices that constantly bring me down in the most violent ways, along with intrusive thoughts, for which the voices judge me.

I dropped out of college because of this.
Now I'm by myself, no work. Living off of, yes, neetbucks.

There's not much good going on in my life.
But I never take out my anger on people who don't deserve it. Maybe you could change that anon. There's literally nothing good coming out of that. Be nice to yourself once in a while.

For me, an album like this makes me feel like I'm actually as worthy as any human trying his best on this beautifully rotten world. There's no real hierarchy. That's all in some people's heads.
You can try the best you can, and the best you can is good enough.

If you don't like the album that's fine.
I remember being in a psychotic depression when Pharrel's 'Happy' was a hit. I wanted to fucking kill myself every time I heard that. I was jealous. How can all those people be happy in a world like this? What is this for kind of morbid celebration.

But, positivity will always be very important to keep people going. I want as much as possible people to be happy, save for some.

If we all lost hope there would be nothing to live for.

something like that. probably sound like a pretentious hippie dick, but I really hope you feel better soon man. I think i see where you're at, and it's a pretty dark place.

as out of place and even vulgar it might seem, optimism and hope are always welcome.

You're gonna be alright. If not, so be it. Shit happens.
>>
Anyone else experiencing cuts between the songs? It's getting pretty annoying since it ruins the flow of the album. Any solutions?
: (

(Got the leak from Mega, AAC, listening on Shutter+, Android.)
>>
>>66080292

lol
>>
>>66080645
I meant Shuttle+, not Shutter+.
>>
>>66080645
It's definitely your player, all the leaks are gapless.
Can't help you, don't have an android
>>
Amazing album. Thought it was going to be shit, no way it could live up to Since I Left You, etc. Was I wrong or what.

Seeing a typical /mu/ i.e /r/indieheads 2.0 reaction to this album, I see. You plebs ate up Blackstar and think this is bad. See you children next hype-train release.
>>
>>66080899
Blackstar is ten times better than this album
>>
Can I get a link?
>>
>>66080292
>>66080631
Jesus Christ get a grip
>>
>>66080591
kill me pete
>>
>>66080945
ok...?

sorry for trying to be helpful

get a grip?
what does that even mean
>>
>>66080292
I don't care if you kill yourself. In fact, I hope you do. You can be as satirical all you want, but I sincerely think this album is electroswing and I will continue to spam every Avalanches thread I see with the "Mmm yes I must say..." copypasta because it IS funny. Go ahead and overdose on whatever medication it is you may have around. Do it.
>>
>>66081052
You're pathetic.
>>
woosh.

fuck.

this thread got real depressing real quick.
>>
>>66081052
Damn anon! You're the edgiest muthafucka in town
Cool it son or I'll have to pull the meme moves on ya!
>>
>>66081011
In other words he's saying you're nuts and your post is literally 14 yr old goth kid in the subs THE POST.

It's an album and you're over here talking about your pyschotic episodes and morbid realities of life. WEW LAD
>>
>not having the ultimate cereal rapper on The Noisy Eater
>>
I honestly feel bad for people who do not feel this top groove
>>
>>66080292
LOL!
>>
>>66080292
hang in there anon
>>
>>66080631
LOL! at this too! Yo i hope you stay miserable for the rest of your life my nigga because like the voices in your head would lead you to believe, you do not deserve to ever be happy. eat a dick niggah
>>
>>66081118
ah i see.

I was simply reacting to another post, that had little to do with the album.

If you read my post it is just an (trying to be) emphatic response to what the cynical man said.
>>
This album is basically SILY meets SMiLE meets Plastic Beach
>>
File: 544.png (526 KB, 600x526) Image search: [Google]
544.png
526 KB, 600x526
>>66080354
>>66080668
>>66081166
>>66081225
>>
>>66081255
meets paul's boutique
>>
>>66081225
>>66081166
>>66081118
>>66081052
>>66080945
>>66080668
you guys are real edgelords these people are out here just tryna reach out to each other in this abyss and you're shooting them down, calm it
>>
File: tumblr_nt35gwDNq01skgno8o2_500.jpg (50 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt35gwDNq01skgno8o2_500.jpg
50 KB, 500x281
Let's be real, Link Neal should have been the guy eating all the cereal
>>
No love for Stepkids? Should've been the album closer.
>>
>>66081255
More like Steam-Powered Giraffe meets the Spongebob Squarepants Movie soundtrack
>>
This whole thread is samefag.
>>
>>66081301
he is clearly meming.
>>
>>66081319
>Steam-Powered Giraffe
Stop shitposting all over the place memelord
>>
File: You-have-no-power-here.jpg (50 KB, 610x690) Image search: [Google]
You-have-no-power-here.jpg
50 KB, 610x690
>>66081225
lol
>>
>>66081319
literally who????
>>
>>66081377
Some shitstain Youtube band someone is obviously trying to make mucore
>>
>>66081301
appreciate it anon
>>66081336
i certainly hope so
>>
>>66081319
>steam powered giraffe
lol how the fuck
>>
Could someone post a link to the extended mix of Frankie Sinatra?
>>
Am I the only one who noticed the similarities between The Noisy Eater and Superfast Jellyfish by Gorillaz?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6zPvkP5uVI
>>
>>66081657
Nooooo, totally got that on the first listen too. The Noisy Eater is a way better track though
>>
I seem to be missing track number 22.

Could any kind Senpai upload track 22. Frankie Sinatra (Extended Mix) please. And Thanks!
>>
>>66081657
the whole album feels like a super fully realized plastic beach honestly
>>
>>66079162
Not sure what i would rate the album at the moment but i definitely enjoyed it. That transition from living underwater into wozard of iz was so good laughed out loud.
>>66081657
yeah this was the first thing i thought of when i heard it
>>
>>66081777
>>66081942
I love it when I'm not the only one
>>
Live A Lifetime Love is SOTY
>>
>>66079162
It flows very well and It makes me feel nice things in my heart. I think I'm liking it more than SILY but I need more listens.

I don't get why it's getting so much hate, It feels like an instant classic for me. Whatever.
>>
>>66081814
It's not on the leaked version. You'll have to wait until the proper digital version leaks/is released.
>>
>>66082504
People just wanted SILY 2: electronic boogaloo
>>
>>66079582
more like a thread to counteract a circlejerk familia
>>
>>66082371
>not Kaliedoscope Lovers, Because I'm Me, Subways or Stepkids

wew wew wew
>>
>>66081130
I took them fruity pebbles.
>>
is
>>
>>66080672
I've got Shuttle+ too, it's the app's problem. The albums gapless on Poweramp. Give the app a review and mention this, hopefully it'll be fixed when the app is apparently completely reworked
>>
is this a transcode
>>
>shit rapping all over the record

Meh
>>
is this the /elevator music/ general?
>>
the first three (if you count the first) are such trash, ruins the record
>>
>>66083475
Yes, what's your favorite elevator music bro?
>>
>>66083501
Really digging the new Avalanches record.
>>
The Avalanches further proving that Australian musicians are fucking shite.
>>
whats the acid bass thing in subways? it's on the right channel and I wanna know where its from
>>
>>66082719
I did not know, thanks for informing me, now I can stop looking.
>>
It's not bad, but it isn't really that good either

6/10 t b h
>>
>featuring

How to ruin your record in one easy step.
>>
>>66081377
A band that people namedrop when they want to avoid using the word "fedora" but convey the same meaning.
>>
>>66083722
Yup. I don't mind hip-hop at all, but the Avalanches tried to be trendy with all the hip-hop features in this album. It just ended up feeling unnecessary and out of place.
>>
If they make a longer edit of "Live a Lifetime Love" with another verse and chorus it could be a hit
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 640x360
Every time I listen to it it just gets more beautiful, I'm crying
>>
it's shit but the last 5 songs are great

shud'e been a mini EP
>>
>>66080591
not tonight, pete
>>
Shits too good, don't know why i'm posting my opinion on /mu/ the majority of people I post with 5 years ago aren't even here anymore. It's just a bunch of teenagers who are more interested in memes than music now.
>>
>>66084494
Newfag
>>
>>66080591
thanks for the offer pete but im not feeling it today, cheers
>>
I think Stepkids would have made a better closer.
Saturday Night Inside Out seems to be the standout song for a lot of people but I found it underwhelming, especially compared to the perfection that is Extra Kings.
>>
File: mf doom_jpg_630x420_q85.jpg (136 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
mf doom_jpg_630x420_q85.jpg
136 KB, 630x420
>>66081130
>the ultimate cereal rapper

you mean this one?
>>
I really like it, glad it lived up to expectations.
Reminds me a lot of Smile.

Some of the rap features feel a little cheesy and dated, but then what do you expect after 16 years.
>>
how is there still not a legitimate rip of this yet
>>
>>66080292
grow up dude
>>
>>66082504
instant classic is right. gonna be funny af when p4k gives it a 9 and we start getting daily "avalanches is an ugly whore" threads
>>
>>66083433
all over the record? this album was mostly instrumental, and I thought the guest spots were super tasteful. i was wary when i saw how many collaborators were on here (of uneven quality) but i'm very pleasantly surprised
>>
>>66085438
They've done a better job of securing the supply chain lately, with that said though physical copies are definitely going to be making the rounds soon, it's out in a week
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 228x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 228x184
>>66081052
Jesus Christ anon go outside
>>
i thought the whole thing was pretty boring tb.h. i felt the same way about SILY on the first listen though even then it had a few stand out. this is probably on the same level as their bedtime mix.
>>
>>66083846
they've had hip hop before though
>>
honestly this album is a triumph. im loving most of it. it's an 8.5 for me right now but it's growing on me. the only song i'm not too hyped on is step kids. The whole thing sort of reminds me of when I was teenager hanging out at my lake cabin in the summer. I had a thing for my 3rd cousin and would hang out with her a lot. nothing came of it though because incest is bad. weird times.
>>
This album is a statement of artistic integrity and actually lives up to the hype. I always knew it would. Life is good.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.