[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here Comes the Indian, Merriweather Post Pavilion, and Painting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 500x500
Here Comes the Indian, Merriweather Post Pavilion, and Painting With are Animal Collective's three strongest albums.
>>
>>66078660
Replace PW with Spirit and we've got a deal
>>
What makes you say Painting With as opposed to something like Strawberry Jam or Spirit?
>>
>>66078660
One of these things is not like the others.
One of these things just doesn't belong.
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
by the time I finish my song?
>>
Natural selection, summing the wretch and spilling guts are unacceptable though. A couple more are meh. Replace PW with spirit or SJ.
>>
>>66078689
I love this band, I think all their releases are stellar outside of Centipede Hz. This is more of a personal favorite list than anything that's meant to be taken super seriously. Painting With is just an album that I think is unlike anything else in their discog, and really, I don't know of any other record that sounds like it. It's gaudy and bombastic and totally over the top and I love it for all those reasons. I would say these are the same attributes that make me love HCTI and MPP so much.
>>
>>66078722
>summing the wretch
>spilling guts
>bad
Avey gtfo, if anyone let this album down it was you.
>>
>>66078722
>Natural selection
absolute banger
>summing the wretch
I love Panda's vocals here as well as the synth or sample that sounds like a toy
>spilling guts
least good of the bunch but it's not even two minutes long so whatever

although Golden Gal kind of sucks too
>>
Spirits is too harsh noise to enjoy
>>
Feels sung tongs spirit
>>
>>66080558
This opinion alone makes you an irredeemable pleb.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.