[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help /mu/ No band has ever made me feel the way Modest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-TheMoonAntarctica.jpg (9 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-TheMoonAntarctica.jpg
9 KB, 220x220
I need your help /mu/
No band has ever made me feel the way Modest Mouse has. This band stirred up emotions I fear I will never feel again. Can anyone recommend music like theirs?
>>
>>66077614
The Hotelier - Home Like noplace is there
>>
>>66077614
That album means different things to different people, anon. What's it making you feel?
>>
>>66077614
Built to Spill's early output
>>
>>66077614
Built to Spill, Pixies, Pavement, The Shins, Bright Eyes.
>>
>>66077717
Honestly it makes me sad but in a good way, like "Yea shit is absolutely horrible right now but I gotta keep on moving" and that album and.. Well shit all their music helps me do exactly that
>>
The Mountain Goats
>>
>>66077766
So listen to this guy, The Sunset Tree especially.
>>66077779
And then it depends on what's making you feel that way. Breakup? American Football. Life is generally shit? The Monitor, Titus Andronicus, great for wallowing in anger. But yeah, I think The Mountain Goats is a great catch all in terms of lyrical succession here.
>>
>>66077614
Lemme know what you think, op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Bd3yS8GS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHWw9K7iCH8
>>
Brand New - TDAGARIM and Daisy
>>
>>66077614

musically it might not be THAT similar but I always felt like The Glow pt. 2 had a very similar feeling to The Moon & Antarctica specifically
I can't think of another way to put it other than to say they were "cut from the same cloth"
>>
>>66077614
Was absolutely obsessed with these guys in highschool so I kind of hate them now because I heard it all and moved on.

Makes me kind of look down on people praising it because for me it's that feeling like "That's a highschooler album." I don't know how I feel about that, but it's just the way it is.
>>
>>66077766
built to spill perfect from now on and i know it's a meme on here but also car seat headrest
>>
>>66078834
>it's a meme
fuck off
>>
>>66078539
I feel the same way only I started listening to them a few years after I got out of highschool. I think its just that once you listen to something so much you get sick of it.
>>
>>66079454
what? it is a meme...Twin fantasy and ToD is still good
>>
>>66078032
Its pretty good, honestly though so far nothing posted has been able to size up, something about that grungy emotional redneck screaming philosophical ambiguous shit gets to me ya know
>>
>>66077614
Mimicking Birds are probably the closest I've found. Same sort of feels, albeit more restrained and quieter. They're on Isaac's label and he yells background vocals on a couple of their songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25oFpL8DrzE
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.