[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Holy Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: album.jpg (556 KB, 1409x1378) Image search: [Google]
album.jpg
556 KB, 1409x1378
>Every thousand years
>This metal sphere
>Ten times the size of Jupiter
>Floats just a few yards past the earth
>You climb on your roof
>And take a swipe at it
>With a single feather
>Hit it once every thousand years
>'Til you've worn it down
>To the size of a pea
>Yeah I'd say that's a long time
>But it's only half a blink
>In the place you're gonna be
>>
any similar albums to this one?
>>
>>66075384
>WHAT A SIGHT, WHAT A SOUND
>WHAT A WAY TO BRING PEOPLE DOWN
>WHAT A WAY TO BRING ME DOWN
>IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND
>>
>>66075509
The Lonesome Crowded West
>>
I like the guitars in the bit where he says
>And I'd like to see it but it's something you just feel
>And I'd like to feel it but it just isn't real
>And God is whoever you're performing for

And the mellotron just before
>no one wants to hear what you dreamt about unless you dreamt about them
>>
>>66075663
I get the comparison stylistically, but I always thought these are very different albums. TLCW feels like a ramble, PFNO feels like an epic.
>>
>>66075743
TLCW is an epic filtered through the mind of someone going through an existential nightmare.
>>
>>66075743
Yeah I agree, I think PFNO is great as a whole piece while TLCWs strength lies in its individual songs. I just think people that like one of them is likely to enjoy the other. I love em both
>>
>>66075384
>I can't get that sound you make
>Out of my head
>I can't even figure out
>What's making it

;_;
>>
>>66075384
>>66075540
>>66075735
>>66076723
I'm just gonna drop in and say,Velvet Waltz is the best song on the album, their best song and probably one of the greatest songs of the 90s
>>
BtS is okayish when you're 16 years old but we all have to grow up eventually
>>
WE'RE SPECIAL
IN OTHER WAYS
WAYS OUR MOTHERS APPRECIATE
>>
Scaruffi approuved album
>>
> NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR
> WHAT YOU DREAMT ABOUT
> UNLESS YOU DREAMT ABOUT
> THEM
> DON'T LET THAT STOP YOU
>>
>>66076926
Get over yourself, listen to what sounds good to you
>>
>>66076989
>The instrumental scores are compact and linear, but at the same time are free and have room to amuse the listener. They are enlivened by constant changes of time and arrangements of cello and mellotron, while long periods of hypnotic jamming, conducted by one of the most atmospheric/environmental guitar styles in rock, lead them into slow metamorphoses of melodic, trance-inducing chants. The songs of Martsch are melancholic in tone, only rarely rearing into vehement choruses. For the most part, Martsch prefers contemplation and resignation, in patterns that are more reminiscent of the Eastern religions than of rock and roll. His guitar, on the other hand, continuously embroiders textures so intense and dark that they emanate a nearly transcendental quality. Often, the guitar is a faint but continuous moan, as if Tom Verlaine had run out of breath to scream.
What the fuck

I'm starting to like this album less now. fuck you scaruffi
>>
>>66077477
Pretty good review, I like Scaruffy more now
>>
Keep it like a secret is superior.
>>
>>66077625
This opinion genuinely angers me.
>>
>>66077785
Keep it like a secret just got those choruses that get stuck in your head. Listened to both albums like 20 times each but keep it like secret is the one that keeps me coming back for more
>>
>>66075384
one of my favorite songs
>>
>if there's a word for you
>it doesn't mean anything

d a m n . . .
>>
am i the only one that thinks kicked it in the sun it the best song
>>
>>66078933
COME ON OVER YAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>66078933
Ayyyyy
>>
>When I was a kid I saw a light
>Floating high above the trees one night
>Thought it was an alien
>Turned out to be just God.
>>
File: gojimeme.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
gojimeme.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>
>>66075384
so good
>>
File: 61fvRZOYY1L._SS500_.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61fvRZOYY1L._SS500_.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
>>66075509
>>
File: 51sJm0c7DCL.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51sJm0c7DCL.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>it went like this...
>>
>>66075384
Yeah but
>What did he mean by this
>>
>>66076759
>tfw the temperature, the distance of the suUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUuUun

fucking love that
>>
>>66076759
desu velvet waltz is the worst song on this album
>>
>>66075384
Saw them once
Seeing them again in October, at a venue that's probably 30' x 60'. So pumped
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.