[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weezer- I Love the USA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: QuiverSMoano.jpg (4 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
QuiverSMoano.jpg
4 KB, 228x221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm9C0RVR2lU

How Does /mu/ feel about Weezer's new single?

It's making me feel worried about "The Black Album"
>>
It's not bad or even mediocre, but I don't care about it at all. I can't figure out what they're going for now.
>>
>>66073574
are they a satire band or what?
>>
>>66073616
Yes? i don't even know anymore, after their last album i was vibing, i was excited to see what was next.

And now it's just.. some 40 year old dude trying to be in the Top 40s.
>>
>>66073616
That song definitely is. It's ironic. A lot of people are missing the point somehow.
>>
>>66073687
I get it, my dude.
I am just not digging this direction that weezer MAY be going.
>>
>>66073702
It's not a new direction, the style of the song is basically a parody of themselves. Didn't he say the Black album is supposed to be darker or something?
>>
>>66073749
You really think so.. The whole parody thing?
That's reassuring, thanks.

Anyway, yeah he said he wanted to go darker, but he also said he wanted to stray away from those distorted power chords. So i don't know.
>>
>>66073749
I'm not denying the parody, but self-parody is never absolute. Self-parody is more like "doing your thing, while winkingly acknowledging your own absurdity."
>>
>>66073777
I wonder if he meant lyrically darker? That would be weird to hear from Weezer but might be neat.
>>
>>66073809
Like Pinkerton Dark? He did say he was gonna start cussing in his music.

Or, for example, those last few lines in this new song... What's that a reference too?
>>
>>66073848
It made me think of the Balloon Boy hoax to be honest.
>>
How this band still has a career I will never know
>>
>>66073574
It's absolute shit but they were asked to write it by NASA apparently so hopefully it's not indicative of what the Black Album is gonna sound like. Why he didn't just do Longtime Sunshine is beyond me
>>
I just hope, that after EWBAITE and White, they don't drop the ball on the next record. Ironic or not that fucking song is a huge step back and the absolute worst thing they could have released, specially for a band that is trying to be respected and taken serious again.
Rivers should just release shit like this solo.
Cool solo tho
>>66075099
>Why he didn't just do Longtime Sunshine is beyond me
this
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.