[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
modest mouse general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
When was the first time you heard this album?
What was your initial impression?
Discuss other early MM related stuff

First time I heard it was December 2015
The only song I really liked at first was trailer trash. Also the vinyl tracklisting is fucked
>>
>>66072130
The vinyl tracklisting is superior just because it has Baby Blue Sedan even if Lounge (Closing Time) doesn't make sense as penultimate song.
>>
>>66072199
> Lounge (Closing Time) doesn't make sense as penultimate song
thats honestly the one thing that bothers me the most. my favourite song on the album.

baby blue sedan is alright but i don't think the sacrifice was worth it
>>
>>66072199
>The vinyl tracklisting is superior just because it has Baby Blue Sedan
"no"
get building nothing out of something my man
>>
>>66072542
Building Nothing Out of Something is one of my favorite releases of theirs, but Baby Blue Sedan is great and makes more sense on LCW.
>>
File: 220px-MMLongDrive5075.jpg (19 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-MMLongDrive5075.jpg
19 KB, 220x220
I'm hoping they don't repeat strangers to ourselves and go back to stuff similar to their first few albums. That being said they're following the trend of bands/artists getting worse as years pass.
>>
Sorry this is my first and probably last post here so ill try to make my story quick that goes along with my question.

I've been a huge Modest Mouse fan since I could remember, just wiped my iShit of all the pirated crap I had building up since highschool to start anew.
Downloaded a legit version of This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing to feel about and listening to it before class. QT3.14 walks in, im a big fucking beta peice of shit and she's the only female ive talked to in a good long time. We only chat before class but we seem to click so well. Im crushing on her hard and I decided to finally ask her out today.
This is a BIG fucking deal for me. I live alone, havent had a date in 4 years, usually dont make eye contact with wymen let alone try to relationship them.
Im listening to the album for confidence in one ear and chatting her up. i get to a point in the conversation try to start asking her but she gets a phone call.
Beta bitch in me patiently waits.
I patiently start ramping up the conversation and after a min i try asking her again but before I can get to it her fuckin phone rings again.
Beta bitch waits again.
She finally get off as Might stops playing.
"Sorry, Anon my boyfriend was just trying to get..."
All of a sudden her soul crushing words fade into the distance as I hear a chorus from god flood my left ear.
Such emotional gitaur rifts, the pained vocals of Issac, simple yet powerful drums beating into my soul.
Mfw i hear for the first time one of the most beautiful modest mouse songs from a album i literally worship.
Mfw i realize all these years I've been listening to a fucking bootleg rip thay mixed fucking Lounge for Lounge (closing time) and that I have failed as a devoted fan
Mfw i realize i will forever be a loveless beta fuck and that this is the perfect moment in my life to end it all.
Anyway, long story short what do you guys think is the best MM song to commit suicide to?
>>
>>66072612
teeth like gods shoeshine, or dark center of the universe
>>
>>66072581
They're never going to make lo-fi punk-y music again and I wouldn't want them to, it would just be forced. If Modest Mouse is ever going to release anything interesting again it's gonna be through the weird experiments of their modern stuff like King Rat or Pistol.
>>
>>66072612
talking shit about a pretty sunset
>>
>>66072130
Downloaded it 2 weeks ago.

Really like Lounge (Closing time) even if it's too long.
>>
>>66072656
are r u trying to make him save himself
>>
>>66072612
Just float on, my man.
It'll be okay.
>>
>>66072612
op here ive honestly fallen in love with all modest mouse earlier stuff. mind you i just start browsing /mu/ and trying to expand my music taste and bit. MM lead me to listen to built to spill which i also love.
>best MM song to commit suicide to
custom concern.
>>
>tfw you never see modest mouse in 1998 at a small venue playing LCW

why live?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEJIv-cXqeU
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.