[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, so what do we think of Kool A.D.?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: kool-ad.jpg (182 KB, 600x672) Image search: [Google]
kool-ad.jpg
182 KB, 600x672
Wait, so what do we think of Kool A.D.?
>>
I wouldn't drink his kool aid 2bh
>>
isis desu senpai baka
>>
pretty good. he doesnt change up his style much, though.
>>
File: boy crysis.jpg (184 KB, 1155x1055) Image search: [Google]
boy crysis.jpg
184 KB, 1155x1055
>>66070204
Boy Crysis could've been the best pop outfit ever

His rapping is pretty good. I don't like how my favorite songs by him are around 90 seconds long...
>>
worst member of dr
>>
Kool AD best rapper in the world
>>
>>66071257
see, i agree with that, but in the context of DR.

Since then, heems has entered brendan fraiser tier levels of JFMSU, and Kool has been putting out music that, quite honestly, is better than the DR run, both members considered.

If you asked me who the best member of DR was, I'd say Heems, despite thinking that Kool AD's final verse on Rainbow in the Dark is the best verse included on any DR project -- I think overall Heems is the better rapper in the context of the group.

As a whole thoug, it's a different story. Not only did Kool kill his old verses from DR in his solo career, he did better than heems did.

In the context of DR, I think itd be hard to debate Heems as the overall best rapper, but since then and in terms of solo careers, I think Kool has far surpassed DR in terms of artistic expression (which I find undebatable, but if you have any points let me know), actual writing, as well as his word play and content. I don't think any heems DR (or k-a-d DR) verses can touch what Kool has put out on his last LP (Kool Gods or whatever/Not O.K/Word O.K/O.K)

Honestly though, it seems like he's doing what he wants do do now for music, and he has a support nest in that, if he deviates TOO far he can always go back to, and he has nests and stuff lik,e the Vice Horoscopes, that he can afford to trade off a bit from his "sensible side" to his "charater" of "KOOL AD BEST RAPPER IN WORLD (CUBAN ART I SWEAR 2015 FOREVER)" shit.

[spoiler]hopefully lakutis makes new music soon
>>
>>66070204
>we

Why do you faggots say this? Form your own opinions without caring what /mu/ thinks.

That said he's one of my favorite rappers right now.
>>
>>66071674
>Getting this triggered by a light-hearted post.

You're not fun at parties, are ya?
>>
>>66071633
I always liked Kool AD's verses better. Heems had better flow but worse lyrics, and a lot of his raps were just gibberish. Heems is also better at freestyling. Plus Vicky has a cooler voice and Heems sounds annoying
>>
Bieber, Bieber Bieber

Fucking love him but I'm really not digging the auto tune stuff he's been putting out lately
>>
>>66071692
what?
>>
>>66070204
My favorite rapper senpai. His 100 track mixtape was glorious and all his stuff from prove it to back with das racist was great
>>
> we
>>
>>66071719
I mean, I agree, but when you take DR into context can you really agree that it's a bad thing? When you think of the best DR verses, most likely you're thinking of either a) heems as a whole or b) kool ad on rainbow in the dark
>>
File: 1449602550564.jpg (6 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1449602550564.jpg
6 KB, 320x320
>>66071692
no ):
>>
>>66071797
I feel like Kool AD solo > Heems solo though
>>
>>66071719
>>66071797
To add to this (I'm drunk as hell --thanks Canada Day),

I feel like heems was the better writer in their time together. Idk if this make sense but, i feel lik,e in just about any other context, what Kool was saying in his DR verses was /almost/ expendable, he does bring good points and amazing writing/lines overall to his career, but in DR he always felt likes second banana to me in terms of writing a whole song as a cohesive unit, or addnig to a DR song (lik,e i said, RITD aside, that song and 3-5 others he killed) it seemed like a heems project that Kool. was involved in.

Regardless, I don't think it's unfair to say that OK, NOT O.K., and WORD, O.K., rank with some of the best WP blogs.
>>
>>66071826
I agree with that, and I'd go as far as to say that Kool AD solo >>>>> Heems in Das Racist, but I think that the DR tag costs too much, and current day, brand-free K-A-D promoting his own products and projects is more honest, but more like, appealing, at least to me, to him doing his own marking plan.

I know he sells hiw own garbase scribbles on Instagram, but I'm just trying to be objective over DR's career- I think Heems was the more skilled from a technical stand point, and that isn't to take anything from Kool at all, because I'm more of a fan of him than Heems, but I feel like once Kool left DR, he became a real force on the topic of writing and rapping. He's pretty incredible and even with O.K he took over what should be his demo..
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.