[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was a big fan of pic related and I'm trying to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: Carly-Rae-Jepsen-Emotion.jpg (183 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Carly-Rae-Jepsen-Emotion.jpg
183 KB, 1500x1500
So I was a big fan of pic related and I'm trying to get into pop music to see what else I like. I also liked Charli XCX's Vroom Vroom, Marina and the Diamonds' Froot, and Kate Bush's Hounds of Love so far. Can you guys give me any recommendations?

I guess I'm looking for more contemporary music. I know things like the Beatles are considered pop music but I think based off what I posted you guys might be able to tell what I'm looking for.
>>
Trouble - Natalia Kills
also
This is... Icon Pop - Icona Pop
>>
>>66064992
I'll give them a listen, thanks
>>
Sky Ferreira
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 650x650
ANTI
Its not amazing but you mentioned FROOT.
>>
>>66064715
are you that one guy from the Grimes thread? anyways Sky Ferreira more Kate Bush and try Actor by St. Vincent because it's so based.
>>
>>66065143
That is not me. I gave Art Angels a bit of a listen and I liked a couple of the songs off it, but it didn't really do it for me. Not a huge fan of her vocals
>>
File: inquisitive housefly.jpg (72 KB, 812x629) Image search: [Google]
inquisitive housefly.jpg
72 KB, 812x629
Emotion is pretty heavily influenced by the 80s, so Madonna? Cindy Lauper? Prince? MJ? Robyn has similar lyrical themes, I guess.

>"getting into" pop music
>like you're an alien who has had no concept of music until the day you discovered Carly Rae Jepsen

Is there really nothing on the radio, past or present, that you particularly like?
>>
>>66066321

Also, "Hit The Waves" by the Mary Onettes is a 10/10 pop album.
>>
>>66066321
I'm not quite sure I want to know what that image is but what I meant by "getting into" pop music is there is obviously a lot of music out there and it's nice to have recommendations based on what I already know I like. Everyone likes some songs of every genre, usually, but pop is a genre I haven't really explored much.
>>
>>66064715
So wait, is this album actually good?
>>
File: adayfordestroyingthings2.jpg (256 KB, 1200x825) Image search: [Google]
adayfordestroyingthings2.jpg
256 KB, 1200x825
>>66064715
If you want to get into POPMUSIC, you must listen to the Sarah Records discography. Regarded in some circles as one of the greatest record labels of all time, this bastion of jangly guitars and often melancholy songs is one of the greatest hidden treasures in POPMUSIC.

I'll pick out some of my favorites:
The Field Mice - For Keeps
The Orchids - Unholy Soul
St. Christopher - Bacharach
Heavenly - P.U.N.K. Girl EP
>>
>>66066568
Honestly, yeah. A lot of pop albums usually don't have a cohesive sound or theme to them, at least not mainstream pop, but this album has a very sweet, synth-pop sound that's consistent all the way through. Carly basically just takes pop music back to its roots and focuses on love, but does it with great singing and great production.
>>
>>66066558
>I'm not quite sure I want to know what that image is
You should lurk more before posting or asking for recs desu. Or at least make some effort to hide how new you are.
>>
>>
File: you will never know why.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
you will never know why.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
>>66066928
>>
File: hahaahhahaha.jpg (134 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hahaahhahaha.jpg
134 KB, 500x500
>>66066955
>>
File: sea when absent.png (467 KB, 492x493) Image search: [Google]
sea when absent.png
467 KB, 492x493
>>66066978
>>
>>66066886
fuck off faggot
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.