[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please, Please Me thought?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
How the hell do you even rate this? It's technically the worst Beatles album ,yet in hindsight it's their most innovative. Go figure. So what do you make of it? Also rate their discography. Beatles For Sale is really underrated I'd say 9/10 for sure.
>>
If it is from the Beatles means it is a 10/10
>>
Early Beatles (1962-1964) > Early Beach Boys (1962-64)
>>
Boys is a serious jam
>>
>>66059252
true
>>
>>66059208
BFS is the worst m8, I'll Follow The Sun is the only good song
>>
Anna (Go to Him) is one of their best songs even if it is a cover.
>>
>>66059370
Truth
>>
>>66059252
this
>>
>>66059252
Artsy Beach Boys (Pet Sounds, Smile) > Artsy Beatles (Revolver, Sgt. Pepper) > Early Beatles (Please, Please Me) > Early Beach Boys (Surfin' USA)
>>
>>66059252
I think that's objective. The Beach Boys put out some fantastic singles during that time, but that's it. They were just a singles band prior to 1965.
>>
>>66059208
why would you say it's their most innovative?
>>
>>66059580
This anon has got it. Don't Worry Baby and In My Room come to mind.
>>
9/10 at least.
>>
>>66059573
no, Abbey Road is better than anything The Beach Boys ever made, Pet Sounds is better than the rest of the late Beatles albums, but it just doesn't beat Abbey Road
>>
>>66059208
BFS IS FUCKING GREAT I'M WITH YOU
>>
Beach Boys singles > Beatles singles
>>
Beatles for Sale is the undisputed "worst" album followed by Let it Be. Please Please Me is their most underrated. The top notch guitarwork on that album is major selling point for me. George Harrison never gets enough credit just because his playing never once degenerated into the self-indulgent wankery that became common place by the late 60's.
>>
>>66059208

how is it their worsst album? its full of bangers

the ultimate pleb filter when it comes to the beatles is "i dont like the early stuff" right after "ringo was a bad drummer"
>>
>>66059208
>Beatles For Sale
>underrated
It's properly rated as the worst fucking album.
>>
>>66060546

Don't forget "Stones were better"
>>
>>66059651
Well for one what was going on in pop/rock music during 1963? Buddy Holly was dead, Elvis was in the military, Little Richard moved on to gospel and Chuck Berry was getting into trouble. Then Please, Please Me comes out.
>>
File: WithTheBeatles_1.jpg (217 KB, 1482x1482) Image search: [Google]
WithTheBeatles_1.jpg
217 KB, 1482x1482
Please Please Me is a good debut but With the Beatles is where they came into their own, both in songwriting and sound.
>>
>>66059208
see

>>66060546
line 2
>>
>>66060814
Stones are indeed better
>>
>>66060110

Wrong in every way. I remember you from that shit thread where you spouted this bullshit. Pet Sounds, Smiley Smile and Smile are all better by miles than Abbey Road. In innovation, theory and aesthetics.
>>
>>66060480
>self-indulgent wankery that became common place by the late 60's.

You mean when rock musicians actually learned to play their instruments?
>>
>>66060546
>>66060814
>implying the beatles were every good

Also Scaruffi is right about the beatles
>>
WELL SHE WAS JUST
>>
>>66061683
>You mean when rock musicians actually learned to play their instruments?

Is this you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf9-VyXEKE
>>
>>66059208
Beatles For Sale is a 10/10 and one of their best.
>>
>>66061746

Sure, anon. Whatever makes you more comfortable with being unable to listen to anything aside pop songs since anything else is just "wankery". Nothing in the guiatr playing in PPM qualifies as "top notch" by any standard.
>>
>>66061747
>beatles for sale
>10/10
>>
>>66059208
Under-rated Beatles albums???

Help!
>>
>>66062014
Wankery doesn't have to be topnotch y'know
>>
File: lusty_negro_attitudes.png (131 KB, 293x308) Image search: [Google]
lusty_negro_attitudes.png
131 KB, 293x308
>>66061699
>pedo memeruffi
>>
Here, let Based Larry show you all the light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVTdgHmA7U
>>
>>66059252
Couldn't be more wrong. All Summer Long is far better than any pre-Rubber Soul release imo
>>
>well she was just 17, and you know what I mean

What did he mean?
>>
>How the hell do you even rate this?
6/10
>It's technically the worst Beatles album
No that's Let It Be
>yet in hindsight it's their most innovative
That's factually incorrect.

>>66059252
Brian already beat the Beatles with Pet Sounds and half ass Smile. No matter how much you meme Sgt Peppers or whatever Brian thought of Strawberry fields. Pet Sounds is the best pop album period.
>>
>>66065238
The girl was a horny slut.
>>
>>66059252
Smfh
>>
>>66060480
>his playing never once degenerated into the self-indulgent wankery
have you never listened to the 3rd LP in All Things Must Pass
>>66061610
>Pet Sounds, Smiley Smile and Smile are all better by miles than Abbey Road. In innovation, theory and aesthetics.
fucking how, I understand saying that about Pet Sounds, they're both great album, but fucking Smiley Smile and the non-existent album that is Smile don't compete with Abbey Road m8, don't let /mu/ form all your opinions
>>
>>66065308
Good Vibrations has to be the worst pop song ever recorded during that decade
>No matter how much you meme Sgt Peppers

There is a reason Brian had a mental breakdown after listening Peppers. Meaning he just couldnt take that The Beatles had made a mark in musical history while he was writing songs about "2 girls for every boy " (Now thats a meme for yew)
>>
>>66061483
I kinda view Please, Please Me as a demo or live recording and With The Beatles as the true debut if that makes any sense at all.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.