[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this considered post-rock?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: faggot.jpg (66 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
66 KB, 300x300
>>
Why is this considered a thread?
>>
Listen to Breadcrumb Trail

Listen to that part where its real quiet when all of a sudden the hyperdistorted guitar comes in "BWEW BWEE BWEW BWEEEEE WEERRRRR" and tell me tha whole segment isnt post-rock
>>
>>66057482
it builds and crescendos in a way that is unusual for most rock music, especially at the time it was made. the overall sound and feel might not sound like post rock, but the way the songs move and are structured is very important to the development of the genre
>>
>>66057482
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>66057482
>>66058545

post rock isn't necessarily the "crescendo-core" that people usually associate it with because of bands like Explosions in the Sky. It basically just applies to music played with rock instruments that doesn't fall into any other categorization, which is why bands that sound nothing alike fall under the post-rock moniker (i.e., Swans and GY!BE).

most of the time the songs are longer and are structured in a different way, and this is what makes is post rock. so in either regard, Slint is still a proto-post-rock band
>>
Should be considered Prog rock desu
>>
>>66058994
only LYSF tries to be SFTB 2
>>
I also don't really like it to be considered post rock, I mean it sure has similarities in the crescendos and the long build ups and how it was an influence for later bands but IMO I'd put it as long winded post hardcore or experimental rock
>>
>>66057482

Because it's garbage.
>>
File: 1420217844912.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1420217844912.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>post-rock with vocals
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2038) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2038
>>66060288
>not liking slint
>>
>>66057482
Because listening to it is as exciting as a wooden post. Hence why they started calling it "post" rock
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.