[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a better piece of music pro tip: you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
Name a better piece of music
pro tip: you can't
>>
knew you guys couldnt
i win
>>
>>66054722
Checkmate. Also you can't really expect a board full of 16 year olds who call music from the 70's "dadrock" to have any taste. Let alone listen to tristan und isolde
>>
>>66054722
Salome > Tristan und Isolde
>>
File: GrosseFuge.gif (13 KB, 504x253) Image search: [Google]
GrosseFuge.gif
13 KB, 504x253
>>66055449
what an insufferable pretentious fuck you are. people like you are the reason im reluctant to admit i like classical music, because im often lumped in with pricks like you.
for the record, this is better
>>
>>66055449
>Nibelungen
>babby's first opera.jpg
>>
>>66055651
lmao, I'm pretentious? Have you seen half of this board? Also, I was just making fun of this board, not people who doesn't like classical music in general you fucking moron. Read my fucking post next time. Also, You're going to let other people's opinion such as mine on music influence yours? Christ, What a retard, this is exactly what's wrong with the people on this board.
>>
File: 61dshQL9RuL[1].jpg (73 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
61dshQL9RuL[1].jpg
73 KB, 500x420
>>66056577
You're right. Sorry, my bad. This is much better
>>
>>66056707
no, your opinions have no bearing on anything I care about. it's the fact that you are the vocal minority who represents people who enjoy classical music, like me. you are embarrassing, and your response it exactly what im talking about. you're combative, insolent, and intolerant of other people's points of view.
Also, Der Ring des Nibelungen? Really? might as well fucking say Für Elise is the greatest piano composition, or that Tocatta and Fugue in D minor is the greatest fugue. Entry-level at best.
>Also, I was just making fun of this board, not people who doesn't like classical music in general you fucking moron.
When did I assert that you were referring to anybody who doesn't like classical music? Oh wait, I didn't. You're drawing this conclusion based on.... what exactly?
>>
>>66056913
>no, your opinions have no bearing on anything I care about. it's the fact that you are the vocal minority who represents people who enjoy classical music, like me.

You literally just said "what an insufferable pretentious fuck you are. people like you are the reason im reluctant to admit i like classical music, because im often lumped in with pricks like you." So yeah, you kind of do care about my opinions and the fact that you're taking time to respond shows it.

>you are embarrassing, and your response it exactly what im talking about. you're combative, insolent, and intolerant of other people's points of view.

The only people I'm attacking you fucking moron are you and the people on this board who make fun of people for liking whatever they like. Yeah, sure I said that they didn't have any "taste" but I'm just taking a jab at those kind of people who call other peoples taste "entry level"

>Also, Der Ring des Nibelungen? Really? might as well fucking say Für Elise is the greatest piano composition, or that Tocatta and Fugue in D minor is the greatest fugue. Entry-level at best.

See? kind of like what you're doing.
>>
>>66057359
Not him but you have literally no reason to be as combative as you were with the two posts following the opening post. If you want music as good as, if not better than, Tristan, you could just ask.
>>
OP here. Only classical I've ever listened to is Tristan und Isolde
Nothing else does it for me
>>
>>66057740
Try to avoid over-reliance on emotionality as a gauge for what's considered good in classical music. You'll learn to love a lot more. That being said, if big sweeping orchestral and vocal lines is what you like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQgfSfMG4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViLcRFqtTpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MPuoOj5TIw
>>
>>66056896
>lemme post something random from the internet
Nice try pleb.
>>
File: 1433165540809.png (2 MB, 1050x2270) Image search: [Google]
1433165540809.png
2 MB, 1050x2270
>>66057596
>Not him but you have literally no reason to be as combative as you were with the two posts following the opening post.

But I do.

> If you want music as good as, if not better than, Tristan, you could just ask.
That's cool, any suggestions?

>>66057740
Well, If you want to listen to more classical music, just type in "best classical music" and listen to whatever you find. I don't what songs you've listened to, nor do I know what type of music you like so I can't really give you any suggestions, sorry, but I can give you this if you'd like.
>>
>>66058020
Der Freischutz is a great opera m8
>>
>>66058020
>Random
Dude I fucking love der freischutz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYyf7xH8w1Q
>>
>>66058055
It is but not for someone who posts Nibelungen.

>>66058046
>CLT
lel
>>
>>66058046
>That's cool, any suggestions?
Everything posted in this thread
>>
>>66057359
>So yeah, you kind of do care about my opinions and the fact that you're taking time to respond shows it.
No, I don't care about your opinions, I care about the fact that I have to be associated with people like you. Combative, unreasonable pricks who get irrationally angry on the internet.
>The only people I'm attacking you fucking moron are you and the people on this board who make fun of people for liking whatever they like. Yeah, sure I said that they didn't have any "taste" but I'm just taking a jab at those kind of people who call other peoples taste "entry level
Let me get this straight. You're attacking people because they're making fun of other people's tastes by saying that they don't have any taste? What kind of fucking sense does that make? And yet you still have the nerve to act all high and mighty by suggesting that I'm in the wrong for criticizing your taste. You can fuck right off.
And you know what the sad part is? You and I have similar taste. We both have an appreciation for classical music. Yet because you want to act like a fucking prick, we have to sit here arguing on the internet rather than discussing a shared interest.
>>
>>66054722
Classical music is just a tool for looking smart. No one under the age of 50 genuinely likes that stuff unless you're a shitty low-income music major. I bet none of you actually know the original stories or backgrounds of those albums.
>>
File: 1336252262627.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
1336252262627.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
>>66058328
You really set out to prove the OP's point huh
>>
>>66058426
Who gives a fuck about OP's point? Classical music sucks and eveyone knows it. Just burn those Mozart, Wagner shit and buy some Elvis album.
>>
File: 1447888636550.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447888636550.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>66058487
>Elvis
Hey man whatever floats your boat.
>>
File: 1433133178085.jpg (2 MB, 1485x1455) Image search: [Google]
1433133178085.jpg
2 MB, 1485x1455
>>66058116
>It is but not for someone who posts Nibelungen.
I'm the one who posted both Nibelungen and Der freischutz, what's wrong with liking both?

>CLT
>lel
Well here's another pic, not sure if it's much better.
>>66058220
>No, I don't care about your opinions, I care about the fact that I have to be associated with people like you.
So you do care?
>Combative, unreasonable pricks who get irrationally angry on the internet.
You mean like you?
>Let me get this straight. You're attacking people because they're making fun of other people's tastes by saying that they don't have any taste?
I said I was taking a jab you moron.
>And yet you still have the nerve to act all high and mighty by suggesting that I'm in the wrong for criticizing your taste.
I didn't say You were wrong for criticizing my taste, I said you were wrong for being a hypocritical cunt.
>You can fuck right off.
No.
>Yet because you want to act like a fucking prick, we have to sit here arguing on the internet rather than discussing a shared interest.
You're the one who attacked me first you retard, I was just fucking making fun of some of the people on this board, so I'm just guessing you're one of them since you're taking my comment so heavily. Also, how exactly am i stopping you from discussing classical music on this thread? While you were trying to argue with me, I've posted Nibelungen, Freischutz, and the clt chart, so it's not like arguing with you is hindering a reasonable discussion.
>>
>>66058637
Look man I'm not trying to b8 or anything. Elvis is way more better than your Beethoven, Bruckner or any of those fish-eyed husks. I'm not saying this in a musical sense. It has a way more deep, cultural meaning. Just try to understand this notion instead of being a fedora.
>>
>>66058816
>way more better
If you want to sound educated, you could at least talk like you are.
>I'm not saying this in a musical sense
Then what on earth are you trying to do? You say classical music sucks and that fans of it should listen to Elvis instead. Then you're saying that you're not trying to compare them musically?
>It has a way more deep, cultural meaning
Please explain how Beethoven and Mozart, who are STILL being discussed and analyzed today, who STILL have books, papers, and journals dedicated to their life and works, are somehow less relevant than Elvis. You could say "yeah sure no one listens to Beethoven anymore except for a small elite" and yeah, that's true. But you can hum "dun-dun-dun duuuunnnn" to ANYONE and 99/100 will recognize it. Mozart and Beethoven died 200 years ago but they have left a massive impact on Western culture and to deny that and say "ya well no one listens to them anymore lol" is denying history.
And also for the record, I have said nothing about the quality of Beethoven compared to Elvis.
>Just try to understand this notion instead of being a fedora.
Maybe you should stop trying to be a fedora first. You say things like "No one under the age of 50 genuinely likes that stuff unless you're a shitty low-income music major" which is a huge blanket statement (also false) and only shows your ignorance and that you haven't even tried to listen and appreciate. Again, for the record, I'm a physics major.
>>
>>66059158
>If you want to sound educated, you could at least talk like you are.
Way "much" better. Now this sure changed everything in my argument.

>blah "long ass rant about some shit" blah physics major blah blah
Sorry, didn't read the rest. But i've got some book recommendation for you. Unfortunately it's kinda hard to explain this on an imageboard.

https://www.amazon.com/Music-Aesthetic-Reality-Description-Contemporary/dp/0415661021
>>
>>66059340
By the way, if you're going to cherry pick every sentence and try to reply them with lengthy paragraphs like you did on my former post, let me just say this beforehand, I'm not gonna read them neither.
>>
>>66058046
I heard CLT got raped and then die
>>
>>66059340
Thanks I'll give it a read sometime. Skimming the intro it seems as though he's making an argument (Hanslick's argument) that music is beautiful for music's sake. So wouldn't this uplift Classical works that value form and function (not program music) over anything else, including Elvis?

>>66059530
>lalalala I'm not listening I'm right and you're wrong lalalala
Like I said earlier, you do you.
>>
File: velvet.jpg (71 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
velvet.jpg
71 KB, 1000x1000
>>66054722
Ok.
>>
>>66059689
>lalalala I'm not listening I'm right and you're wrong lalalala
You're the one who thinks like that. For me it's just not worth it. After spending shitton of time in /mu/ with shitposting and arguing my time over pointless things, i came into that conclusion. It's just not. I simply let books and other authors to fight over my opinions. Why should I try to spend time explaining things to you when you can simply do it by yourself?
>>
>>66059869
But I don't think that. I'm genuinely interested in the book you reccomended and if it changes my perspective then so be it. It's just that I really don't see how any of your posts make a cohesive argument. You just have said blanket statement after blanket statement and called it a day.
>>
>>66060005
>I really don't see how any of your posts make a cohesive argument
They make a cohesive argument about why anybody on /mu/ shouldn't make any cohesive argument.
>>
I put a CD copy of Bach's Goldberg variations down my throat and it still works!

Best wishes, Bach.
>>
>>66058020
Fuhrther proof Weber is underrated
>>
>>66054722
Le Sacre Du Printemps
>>
>>66061368
who what when where?
>>
>>66061047
This. It really is a damn shame.
>>
File: OnlyPretending.jpg (26 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
OnlyPretending.jpg
26 KB, 349x642
>>66058814
You're trolling. Right?
You have to be. No human being can possibly be this fucking retarded. I was just informing that you were coming off like a fucking tool, and you couldn't accept that, so now you're lashing out in a very embarrassing manner. You are a living, breathing stereotype. The classical community is fractured because of fucks like you who are intolerant of other people's tastes and have a superiority complex.
>While you were trying to argue with me, I've posted Nibelungen, Freischutz, and the clt chart, so it's not like arguing with you is hindering a reasonable discussion.
How far up your own ass are you? Posting images of classical music is NOT discussion. There is no effort involved with that, so stop acting like you're some great promoter of discourse. Goddamn, you are hands down the most insufferable human being I've ever communicated with.
>I said I was taking a jab you moron.
Pic related.
I'm not trying to argue. In fact, I tried to defuse the situation, which I noticed you chose not to acknowledge, further proving that you are an insufferable prick. I'm done with this thread, so don't bother replying, although I know you will because that's the kind of pathetic behavior I'm sure you partake in. For the record,
>You mean like you?
is little more than just saying "I know you are but what am I?" Are you sure you're old enough to be on this website?
>>
>>66064945
Lmao, that whole post is just one big ad ho. Seriously you're not even trying anymore, you're just throwing insults and calling it an argument.
>I was just informing that you were coming off like a fucking tool
No shit, I can read that's the whole reason why we're having this "argument".
>and you couldn't accept that
Because You're wrong you fucking retard.
>so now you're lashing out in a very embarrassing manner
Did you not read your posts? Did you not read any posts here? Do you have a short memory or something? Because If i recall, you're the one who attacked and lashed out on me first moron.
> The classical community is fractured because of fucks like you who are intolerant of other people's tastes and have a superiority complex.
Now you're just pulling shit out of your ass lmao. I literally just told you what I was doing.
>Posting images of classical music is NOT discussion.
Than what exactly is discussion? I was helping the op with getting into classical music, so I'm at least doing something.
>There is no effort involved with that
Yes it is. Also, what about my other two posts, huh? Of course you just chose the easiest target to attack and called it my entire argument.
>so stop acting like you're some great promoter of discourse
Where exactly did I say that? Did I Imply that in someway or are you just talking out of your ass? All I just said was that at least I'm contributing to the what op was asking, and yes, pictures about the topic and my two other posts are discussion. Also, I was wondering here why I'm able to at least contribute and attacking you, while you're just here attacking me, because you were bitching that we couldn't have a reasonable discussion but since you didn't refute that, I'm guessing you're just too retarded to do that.
>Goddamn, you are hands down the most insufferable human being I've ever communicated with.
Come now, you don't actually believe that?
>>
>>66064945
>I'm not trying to argue
lmao don't lie, yes you are, but then again, ad hos hardley counts as arguments
>I tried to defuse the situation, which I noticed you chose not to acknowledge
What situation? Oh you mean, the situation that you started by attacking me?
> I'm done with this thread, so don't bother replying
>lalalala I can't hear you!
Thanks for proving me right.
>although I know you will because that's the kind of pathetic behavior I'm sure you partake in
Ad ho
>is little more than just saying "I know you are but what am I?" Are you sure you're old enough to be on this website?
ad ho, and also, you are being combative and irrationally angry, but I'm sure you forgot seeing how you're memory is short.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.