[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not a /mu/ regular. What's the general opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Bob_Dylan_-_Blonde_on_Blonde.jpg (141 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Dylan_-_Blonde_on_Blonde.jpg
141 KB, 300x300
I'm not a /mu/ regular.

What's the general opinion here on 'Blonde on Blonde'?
>>
>>66054393
his best

also welcome to /mu/
>>
Generally positive, in some /mu/core type lists.

I like it.
>>
>>66054393
classic.
>>
>>66054411
>his best
>not blood on the tracks
>>
>>66054393
Fucking great stuff.
>>
bob is a hack, Joni was right
>>
i like it a lot
>>
>>66054507
kys
>>
>>66054393
Great but overrated
His lyrics slip a little in this album
>>
>>66054507
BotT is his best, true, but BoB is terrific. Some of his best surrealism and by far his best electric stuff, other than Highway 61.
>>
Death Grips stole from it, so probably the most influential album ever.
>>
>>66055709
No
>>
EVERYBODY
>>
>>66054393
It's a great album. But not greater than Bringing It All Back Home.
>>
>>66056019
nah the most influential album of all time is pretty much TVU&N
>>
i discovered it from some /mu/ dudes here and I bought the cd at a store and I like it. But i don't visit it too regularly as with most /mu/ core
>>
>>66054393
Listened to a lot of music in my life, but Bob is still the best. Blonde on Blonde is his best, with BotT, both 10\10. You can't ask much more from music
>>
His best is freewheelin but blonde on blonde is an easy 10/10
>>
File: ine.png (344 KB, 939x439) Image search: [Google]
ine.png
344 KB, 939x439
>>66054393
>>
first track fucking sucks, the rest is p good tho
>>
>>66057468
The first track is the best track you giant pleb.
>>
>>66058400
you're the pleb if you'd ever want to listen to it more than once
>>
>>66058439
mate its a fucking banger.
>>
>>66058466
>pretending he doesn't skip it when putting the album on
>>
>people pretending I Want You isn't the best track

o-okay
>>
one hit wonder
>>
>>66057468
it's a good song but a weak spot in the album
>>66058563
it's memphis blues you mongol
>>
>>66058563
I Want You is awful. His voice is at its absolute worst at that song and some of the lines are just retarded

"Now your dancing child with his Chinese suit
He spoke to me, I took his flute
No, I wasn’t very cute to him, was I?"

Dreadful
>>
They don't call it "The Bible of Rock & Roll" for nothing.

"Stuck Inside of Mobile" is the album's true highpoint btw. Deal with it "Lady of the Lowlands" stans.
>>
>>66056341
This isn't /mu/core , it's a genuine classic. /mu/core is shit like Godspeed you and fishmans
>>
>>66058715
Get a sense of humor man.
>>
>>66057468
*first two tracks
Other than that it's 10+/10
>>
File: bobdylan.jpg (4 MB, 3561x4841) Image search: [Google]
bobdylan.jpg
4 MB, 3561x4841
Blood on the Tracks > Bringing it All Back Home > Highway 61 Revisited > Blonde on Blonde
>>
I love Blonde on Blonde, like it quite a bit more than Highway 61 Revisited (which besides LaRS, Ballad of a Thin Man and Desolation Row feels like it's the same song being played in different ways tbqh).
>>66056309
TVU&N is directly influenced by Dylan's electric trilogy, Reed's biggest influence at this time was electric Dylan. Even the Velvet's visual aesthetic was pretty similar to Dylan's during 65-66.

And at the risk of sounding like a bitter boomer, it annoys me to no end when people tout VU&N as this album that influenced all sides of rock when it barely touched blues rock, jam rock (at least Deadhead type dadrock), folk rock, heartland rock, country rock, etc. Not necessarily popular on /mu/ or "hip" but pretty big portions of rock music Reed and Cale had almost no impact on.
>>
>>66058439
It's one Dylan's most played live songs is Dylan peb?
>>
>>66058949
Live Rolling Thunder Dylan > Live 66 Dylan

Performance in consideration only. Yes, I know all about the historical significance of the 66 tour, that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>66058949
Highway > Blood > Blonde > Bringing
>>
still bump
>>
>>66059019
Adding to this, here's Dylan circa 1965
>>
File: Velvet-Underground.jpg (73 KB, 640x561) Image search: [Google]
Velvet-Underground.jpg
73 KB, 640x561
Here's TVU in with all of their classic lineup/associates.

I've always felt Dylan's mid 60s look was pretty post-punkish tbqh.
>>
love & theft is his best.
>>
>>66054393

stuck inside a mobile sucks ass man its literally that same verse loop for like 6 minutes i want to blow my brains out when that song is on

rainy day women also sucks tremendously

the bob electric trilogy all have some really god awful songs, almost always his shitty attempts at blues
>>
Some of his best mixed with a lot of meh
>>
>>66061693
>stuck inside a mobile sucks ass
T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>66058715
the bridge is great in that
>>
>>66061693
I like this version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WS-TTNaLyg
>>
>>66059081
Have you heard his 75' live album, Hard Rain? It's pretty good, definitely worth a listen
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.