[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SUM 41 NEW VIDEO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (791 KB, 931x695) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
791 KB, 931x695
Holy shit, I don't even like Sum 41 but the use of memes in this video is amazing and I love their new metal style. Honestly this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waixG1Dhr3w
>>
Awww that's cute. Trying to be all hard/punk rock again. I wonder if Derrick realizes he lost all credibility when he married Avril Lavigne. The song may be terrible, but the message is in the right place, I guess.
>>
Sum 41?
More like
"I'm 41 and trying to fit into a culture I don't belong in"
>>
>>66053476

Yeah, only black people are allowed to do that.
>>
>>66053485
idk what you're on about, but I associate that shit with Denny's' social media accounts
>>
>>66053425
Sorry but this is awful. Awful...

I don't even want to listen to music anymore
>>
>>66053425
>Hopeless Records
Hit the nail on the head with that name
>>
I like the fact that it's darker than the stuff masses would expect from them
>>
I like it too :D
>>
PUNK ROCK IS BACK!! So stay back Kanye,Taylor, Miley, and Bieber and go FUCK YOURSELVES!
>>
>>66053425
the only thing that matters is the return of brownsound
>>
Terrible song, but I like them pushing the idea that people are just memes and that bad, stupid memes are destroying society.
>>
omg this SUX i only like Death Grips, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Beyonce, earl Sweatshirts, Flying Lotus, FKA Twigs, Drake, andrew jackson jihad and Father JOhn Mistyh
>>
Looks like some 41 year olds trying to be cool.
>>
this rules because it looks like they recorded a normal music video about the world ending, but decided they needed to appeal to The Kids.
>>
>>66053452
>he lost all credibility when he married Avril Lavigne.

credibility of what? not brushing someone off for their image? wtf

>>66053611
i wish they were a bit more subtle and wrote better lyrics but it was in the right place... solid music though
>>
>>66053425
pic related was all i could think of
>>
how can 4chan like this, literally anti-meme song
>>
Blink-182 better watch out, this shit is the real deal!
>>
>>66053876

its PRO-meme
>>
>>66053902
hell yeah!

THIS is a comeback!!!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 683x1024
Sum 41? More like Sum 4'1" LOL
>>
Did I wake up in some alternate reality or something. Did I die and go to hell?
>>
>>66053953
Genuinely laughed
>>
>>66053953
alpha as fuck not giving a shit desu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGri7i8Y2Y

what happened?
>>
>>66053953
When will they learn?
>>
>>66054035
the memes did their damage over years... poor bastard
>>
3 guitars... 2 ov them probably unplugged
>>
IT'S FUCKING SATIRE GUYS
They're saying how vapid and awful meme culture is. Think about what they're trying to say before you say something thanks
>>
Ha HA! I fucking MISS my kids!!
>>
File: tmp_2317-b0lA7EU1592645598.jpg (20 KB, 450x533) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2317-b0lA7EU1592645598.jpg
20 KB, 450x533
They really missed an opportunity to include the "JUST" meme in regards to the frontman. Surely he is aware of that.
>>
>>66054086
>>66054209

no derk

u R the meme!

and the he waz a mem
>>
>>66054209
I don't think we want to associate negative images towards the band and the music video.
>>
someone take a screenshot of the spongebob meme
>>
>>66054176
No shit it's satire, the problem is that they do it with very little subtlety or depth whatsoever. Saying "technology is bad for us guys" is hardly revolutionary in any way. Death Grips and Radiohead for example do the same thing, but they are are much more articulate and poetic about it. Also their music doesn't suck.
>>
dressing like an emo from 2004 isnt cool anymore, your like 50, STOP. IT
>>
>>66054176
>>66054419
it clearly is not any kind of satire, it's direct in-your-face "fuck off" statement, and it's supposed to be that way
>>
>deaths grips are articulate and poetic
>death grips don't suck

whatchya gonna be when you're grown young blood?
gonna be a MINDLESS DRONE?!?!?!
won't ever have to THINK
no your head'll be linked directly to your CELL PHONE
the virus is ALIVE, I can see it in your EYES
the INFECTION is full blown
>>
>>66054419
lol are you seriously taking >>66054176 seriously

lurk for a while and come back

>>66054558
funny
>>
>>66053425
This video is fucking awful jesus christ I want to be dead
>>
The video itself may be obnoxious, but the song and the message are just what I want to hear seeing how things have turned out.

Also Walking Disaster is still one of my absolute favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHx-xqs3hO8
>>
>tfw Sum 41 will never make a 12-minute song again
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.