[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else not care very much about lyrics or am I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: gailyrics.png (390 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
gailyrics.png
390 KB, 600x800
Does anyone else not care very much about lyrics or am I just autistic?

I appreciate good lyrics when I can, but usually I am not really listening to the lyrics so much as the instrumentation and overall sound.

Lots of bands have stupid/nonsensical lyrics anyway.
>>
>>66050471
the music depends on lyrics as much as the band wants.

My Bloody Valentine's lyrics are washed away in the sound, and serve as a part of the aesthetic.

Sun Kil Moon without lyrics would be instrumental acoustic played in a coffee shop.
>>
>>66050471
same here
>>
>>66050471
Even if it is something like rap or singer songwriter. I listen to the lyrics a little more, but it is still more about instrumentation and atmosphere to me.

>>66050559
Ya dig?
>>
if the lyrics don't 'stick out' then i don't actively attempt to listen to them or figure out what they're saying
>>
>>66050471

same, i don't really care what bands sing about. i just think of the voice as another instrument.
>>
File: nailonhead.gif (225 KB, 320x201) Image search: [Google]
nailonhead.gif
225 KB, 320x201
>>66050930
>>
>>66050904
This. There are certain songs where it's obvious you have to pay attention to the lyrics. Even in genres that are heavy on lyrics like slowcore, a lot of them just serve to add to the mood and aren't important for their content.
>>
>>66050471
Lyrics are only good when they create interesting imagery intertwining with the sounds around them, otherwise they're just stories and mediocre poetry polluting the music for the artists creative narcissism.
>>
>>66050471
I envy you a bit. Shitty lyrics can ruin otherwise great songs for me.
>>
>>66050471
It's not weird, lyrics aren't music.
Some bands focus on having meaningful lyrics to add to their aesthetic (not music), and other bands don't care about they and just use the voice as another instrument, but whether you care about them depends on you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.